An alternate account (alt for short) is an additional account belonging to a user that already owns a main account.
Reasons for owning an ALT
There are several reasons why a user may create an alternate account, including:
- Name sniping
- To play Roblox without being followed by other users and possibly be interviewed if being a famous user.
- As a second account to complete multiplayer challenges with the owner (done on two separate devices)
- As a group account, though technically not allowed by Roblox rules, to own a group place or group information.
- For spam alts which are alts with inappropriate usernames that don't get used much.
- To make an inappropriate game and then get its alternative banned then donate to the actual main account.
- To troll other users and avoid possible server or game bans.
- To get another account if the user forgot their password.
- Extra account if main is stolen, hacked or banned.
- To show a free Robux/Premium scam without being banned.
- To exploit without getting their main account banned. This can backfire if they get IP banned, however.
- <13 users that want a 13+ account, or vice versa.
- Players who look like a noob but are actually good at the game. This practice is commonly referred to as "smurfing".
- To test certain aspects of the main account's game.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.