The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Reasons for owning an alt
There are several reasons why a user may create an alternate account, including:
- Name sniping or user ID sniping
- To play Roblox without being followed by other users
- As a second account to complete multiplayer challenges with the owner (done on two separate devices)
- As a group account, though technically not allowed by Roblox rules, to own a group place or group information
- To make an inappropriate game
- To troll other users and avoid possible server or game bans.
- To get another account if the user forgot their password, had their account compromised, or is banned
- To store limited items on, quite often when the user does not want to trade them on their main account.
- To show a free Robux/Premium scam without being banned.
- To do a task in a game that might require two players. Either done on different tabs or devices.
- To exploit without getting their main account banned.
- <13 users that want a 13+ account, or vice versa.
- Players who look like a noob but are actually good at the games they play. This practice is commonly referred to as "smurfing".
- To test certain aspects of the main account's game.
- To get more friends, such as adding the main account on the alt account as a friend.
- To buy a limited then sell it to give to the main account in ROBUX to not get banned forever if the item is Poisoned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.