Bloxtober (stylized as BLOXtober) 2014 is the second BLOXtober Halloween event to take place on Roblox. It lasts the entire month of October. The event features the release of thirteen presents available for purchase (one was released each day), and the release of an annual Halloween game. This year's game is entitled Hallow's Eve 2014: The Witching Hour Returns, which was released to the public on October 13, 2014.
"Monsters have invaded ROBLOX. Mummies, Lizard people, Ghosts, and creatures too horrible to name here. We need a hero to defend us from what hides in the darkness! Are you brave enough to be that hero?"
|Batty Gift of Affordable Style||It's batty, it's affordable, it's stylish.||50 ROBUX||Opened|
|Gift of ROBLOXians Past||What remains after everything else is gone?||100 ROBUX||Opened|
|Gift of the 9th Great Power||Perhaps the 9th time is the charm...||300 ROBUX||Opened|
|Mystical Gift of the Arbor||May the gifts of the season continue to grow.||250 ROBUX||Opened|
|Epic Gift of the Undead Fiend||The witching hour returns. It is not dead, yet it is not living.||500 ROBUX||Opened|
|Gift of the Final Reaper||Other reapers stand in awe.||600 ROBUX||Opened|
|Victorian Gift of Vague Terror||It's terrifying... but polite about it.||700 ROBUX||Opened|
|Musical Gift from the Grave||The music is all that remains...||800 ROBUX||Opened|
|Gift of the Sinister Gourd||Don't mess with a gourd thing.||1000 ROBUX||Opened|
|Reverse Gift of the Undertaker||He'll take you down, but he's not the undertaker.||2000 ROBUX||Opened|
|Villainous Gift of the Archfiend||He'll do anything to get ahead.||2000 ROBUX||Opened|
|Black Iron Gift of Winged Fright||If you think his face is terrifying, wait until you see his magnificent black iron helmet.||10000 ROBUX||Opened|
|Big Gift of the Phantom Hunter||What remains after the hunted are gone?||31000 ROBUX||Opened|
As a promotional item for a show on Disney XD known as "Kirby Buckets", Roblox included a gift themed from the show.
|Kirby Buckets Gift Box||A mystery gift box with tentacles, yes please! Get your Kirby Buckets gift now and watch Kirby's drawings come to life on Oct 20 at 8P/7c!||1 tickets||Opened|
Hallow's Eve 2014 : The Witching Hour Returns
Hallow's Eve 2014 : The Witching Hour Returns was the sequel to Halloween 2013: The Witching Hour released in BLOXtober 2013. In the game, players fought different types of monsters in order to protect a cauldron. Users could also gain prizes by defeating different types of monsters.
Each type of common monster had four different types of enemies.
- Vlad the Impaler
- Lord Umberhallow
- Troll Warlord
Kirby Buckets Sponsor Round
In the game, there was a special round sponsoring Disney XD's new show, Kirby Buckets. Every sponsor round took place in the Crossroads map, and featured one main monster known as Dawnzilla. Also, a special eraser cannon weapon exclusive to the round could be used as a defense.
Players could also buy special weapons to use in-game.
Players who killed all four types of a monster or killed any of the rare ones got a prize corresponding to the monster(s) they killed.
|Crystal Skull of Defeated Skeletons||Skeletons|
|Royal Serpent Mummy||Mummies|
|King of Vlads||Vlad the Impaler|
|Umberhallow the Extinguished||Lord Umberhallow|
|Obvious Troll||Troll Warlord|
Upon BLOXTober's release people we thrilled from how big it seemed with 13 new gifts and what seemed to be a massive event. On September 28, the event was found on "Games" profile giving the title "Hallows Eve 2014: The Witching Hour Returns" with mixed reception. People said it will be bad because of it being a follow up to "Halloween 2013: The Witching Hour" which at the time was panned for it's complexed map and quests. Other people thought the admins learnt their mistakes.
By the time the Gifts ended, people gave them "generally positive" reception offering nice looking gifts, a good looking Sinister item and people loved Ghostdeeri. Despite the positive reception people called some items like "Vlad The Impaler IX" a down grade from its previous year.
When Hallows Eve 2014 released it got "mixed" reception calling it "the size of a sponsor event" and "a sponsor that was shoved in the event poorly". On the bright side, people did like the prizes.
Ovetime "Hallows Eve 2014: The Witching Hour Returns" has been given praise as it has been seen as a better Hallows Eve event.
- The "Hallows Eve 2014: The Witching Hour" game had maps based on Apocalypse Rising and Work at a Pizza Place.
- The Prize "Lord Umberhallow The Extinguished" is based off a package on the catalog called "Lord Umberhallow"
- The Vlad in "Hallows Eve 2014: The Witching Hour Returns" uses a Vlad item from the previous year in 2013 despite the prize, "King of Vlads" including "Vlad The Impaler IX" which was the latest Vlad released days before the event started.
- This was most likely because, while "King of Vlad's" was created after the 2014 Vlad released, the badge to Vlad was finalised on October 1, 2014, while the 2014 Vlad, "Vlad the Impaler, IX" was released on October 9, 2014.
- BLOXTober 2014 had the return of "Epic Face" which was a very high demand and popular face at the time. The face was given a vampire design with original owners giving it negative reception for giving away such an iconic face on the website for a cheap price.
- To promote the event, the package "Lord Umberhallow" was put back on sale on the catalog throughout October, but was put back off sale after Halloween
- For an unknown reason, the thumbnail and all the badge images were added on September 30, weeks before the event even released
- In Hallows Eve 2014, some of the maps are based off some of the most popular Roblox games at the time including, Apocalypse Rising and Work at a Pizza Place
- Another map used to get the Macho Taco was based off Crossroads
- Along with Halloween 2013: The Witching Hour, this is the only event that has exclusive gears other than the Egg Hunt series
- There exists a t-shirt from the game creator "Games" for Hallows Eve 2014 that was used on everyones avatar in-game