Building tools (also known as Btools) are the default tools used to build in a place. Players can get new building tools from an owner or admin of a Personal Server, while the old building tools are currently obtainable from admin commands (usually obtained by using the command !btools or ;btools) or by adding them in a game from Roblox Studio. Building tools also work on ROBLOX Mobile, except for the Move tool. When a player goes into the (now discontinued) Build Mode on any of their places, they would be granted with building tools.
Old building tools
Current building tools
- Stamper - shows a list of bricks that can be placed into an in-game session and modified by the other building tools. It is now broken and will not work as intended.
- Insert - shows a list of models from the Toolbox which can be placed into an in-game session. It is now broken and will not work as intended.
- Delete - works as the old Delete tool.
- Clone - works similarly to the old Copy tool.
- Rotate - rotates bricks.
- Configure Parts - configures properties of special bricks, such as the C4. It does not work on normal bricks.
- Wiring Tool - wires bricks, such as light to trigger.
- Classic Tool - contains 5 tools: Material, Move, Paint, Resize and Surface.
The most widely used building tools as of now due to its higher capabilities. Everything is stored in one tool as opposed to 3 or 5. It is more advanced than regular building tools.
- Some building tools, such as the Clone tool and the Classic Tool, are unavailable on Welcome to ROBLOX Building.