Full Metal Top Hat is a hat that was published into the avatar shop by ROBLOX on September 28, 2018. It could have been obtained for free when a limited time promotional code, "TARGET2018", was redeemed between October 10, 2018 and January 20, 2019. Sometime after the promotional code expired, the item was put on-sale for 800 Robux. As of January 4, 2020, it has been purchased 1,245 times and favorited 43,506 times.
It features a bluish-white top hat with a golden band along with squares attached on the top. The overall design has a metallic design accordingly to its name.
- The promotional code was found in Target store catalogs. The code was on the Roblox toy page, where it advertised the hat for free.
- The description refers to heavy metal music.
- This hat was never leaked.
- This hat is the first and so far the only promotional code item to has previously sold and currently sells for Robux.
- This is the second promotional code item to sell for a currency, the first being the Transylvanian Cape.
- This hat was originally named the "Full Metal Tophat".
- On September 28, 2018, this item was unintentionally sold for 800 Robux on the catalog and was taken off sale somewhat quickly due to it being intended to be a promotional code. 84 copies of it were purchased by users.
- On October 16, 2018, all users that purchased it previously were fully refunded the 800 Robux that was spent and were respectfully sent a message from Roblox regarding it.