There were many rumors stating that 1x1x1x1 was an exploiter or a leader of an exploiting group. Although the rumors about 1x1x1x1 have long since been debunked, many Robloxians continue to hold onto the belief that, like with John Doe and Jane Doe, it is owned by a hacker. Though the account was inactive, many players speculated that he became active again after Roblox released updates to avatar customization, which further increased fears that "1x1x1x1 is back and will hack everyone". Many hackers and game exploiters frequently claim to be 1x1x1x1, but the fact there is more than one makes it seems like it is a hoax. With 1x1x1x1's popularity within the game, the character has been made into a Roblox toy, though unlike other toys in the series, 1x1x1x1's toy appearance does not match his Roblox avatar. Many speculations and stories come from the occasional change of his character's color. This is usually an avatar change bug.
1x1x1x1 was used to prey on fear in one of the stories created by Shedletsky, mentioning an "evil 1x1x1x1 part" and as such many people have speculated he is a real hacker. However, former administrator MrDoomBringer verified that 1x1x1x1 is not a hacker and started as part of one of Roblox's backstories created by Shedletsky. As discussed in the forum post: Although theories about him being a hacker are speculated as his character will in time change colors.
I posted this in a thread that subsequently died. I'm posting it here so you can refer back to it later. Keep the link to this forum. Distribute it. Tell people the truth.
Let's talk about where the name comes from. Long ago, Telamon posted a number of stories about ROBLOX's backstory to the News. One of these included mentions of 2x2, the first brick. Copied over and over, every other brick were it's descendents.
Then, in a footnote, he mentions the evil 1x1x1x1. So that's where the name comes from. Blame John.
Let's talk about why people say he's a hacker. A guy who's name is long forgotten (not Zuka) found an exploit (not CheatEngine) to insert control scripts into online places. He sent me a message, telling me he had something to demonstrate. I joined him in Crossroads, and it started raining heads saying things along the lines of "He's coming back!" and "1x1x1x1 is coming for you!" and the likes. People in the server freaked out, I found it hilarious, he gave me instructions on how it works and I reported it to the devs. End of story.
Other people, like Dignity, would find other way to insert scripts, and people would assume that they have something to do with "the hacker group" 1x1x1x1.Truth is, it was one guy playing off of a Roblox Lore thing.
- 1x1x1x1's user ID is 8166491. His friend list can be viewed through this link.
- The original 1x1x1x1 account was created in 2007. The account was renamed to "request59245234857238947", leaving the 1x1x1x1 username open to anyone. The account ID is 81619.
- 1x1x1x1 is friends with TheC0mmunity and IhaxLV just like John and Jane Doe due to an exploit regarding the Friends system (which was shortly patched after its discovery to prevent further problems). This exploit allowed those who used it to add someone as a friend without having to have their approval, thus allowing TheC0mmunity and IhaxLV to add John, Jane Doe and 1x1x1x1 as friends.
- 1x1x1x1's body tone changed to a red torso and white head and arms in mid-2017 due to a bug with avatars, and its torso turned black a short duration afterward. It later turned white as it is seen on his avatar 2018 - present. Before that, it had a grey head and arms as well as a dark green torso.
- 1x1x1x1 is iconic for wearing the Roundy head, which has led to many fake hackers also using Roundy as part of trolling outfits for hoax places such as the Blox Watch HQ and Prove it.
- 1x1x1x1 is part of the first series of Mystery Figures in Roblox Toys, however, it has an appearance which is unlike any of 1x1x1x1’s actual avatars (e.g. the figure wears a green Domino Crown which does not actually exist in the Roblox catalog), which is just Roblox making people believe he's a hacker.
- The Domino Crown on 1x1x1x1's Roblox Toy is likely colored based on it's 2014 avatar with green arms and legs, The black body is likely from it's 2014 avatar's black head.
- As of November 30, 2019, there is a Viridian Domino Crown which has a similar look to the one he is wearing on his Roblox Toy. The differences are a darker green and a viridian texture.
- 1x1x1x1 has been mentioned in Bee Swarm Simulator to summon nighttime. (It said "1x1x1x1 (the real hacker) has summoned nighttime")
- The 1x1x1x1 toy is based on this model by the user Mewsitive on roblox, it can be found here: https://www.roblox.com/library/161127640/1x1x1x1