- What was it like developing Extreme Skydiving?
- Extreme Skydiving was going to be the fourth skydiving game I made, so I actually had fun instead of brainstorming every couple minutes, as I knew what to do and how to do it! Also, me and the developers in Exam Studio have planned for this game for months, so we rarely came across hardships.
- What challenges did you have to overcome while developing? What was the most challenging?
- The challenges were implementing new Roblox features (at the time) such as localization and voxel lighting, but the most challenging one was making the skydiving system. Me and my co-worker MartimDev worked so hard to make it the best we could, but it still works with math instead of Roblox animations! Hopefully we will be fixing that soon as we both have got better knowledge of scripting now.
- What did you enjoy most while developing Extreme Skydiving?
- Making of the game modes was the most enjoyable thing! We always had to empathise with the players to understand how they would think when they saw a new situation, which actually led to good game modes!
- Is there anything else you'd like to share?
- My first popular and my first skydiving game, Expert Skydiving was completely made out of modified scripts and free models. After getting popular, I felt the need to keep it updated in order to make players keep coming. Making those updates developed my scripting skills and the popularity of Expert Skydiving led me to establish my first and only development group, Exam Studio. Should it didn't get popular, (in a way that I still don't understand) we would have no Extreme Skydiving today!
In the game, players will spawn in a blue and white plane. Walking down the aisle will show different gamepasses and outfits that can be worn during skydiving. Players can jump out of the plane to skydive. While skydiving, they can collect floating gems that pass by. At 1,000 (meters?), a menu and voice will prompt the player to take out their parachute for a safe landing; unsuccessfully taking out the parachute or falling from a high place will cause the player to die.
There are collectable gems and trophies scattered across the map; collecting a trophy will reward the player with a badge.
In the case of a Race round, players have to race to the bottom. They can collect lightning boosts to help them achieve first place.
In the shop, players can use their gems to buy parachute skins and pets.