The game features players fighting in either the red or the blue team and fighting the opposite team with a paintball gun in a variety of game modes. Players can earn access to different paintball guns by leveling up to certain levels. Paintball! currently has over 470,000 favorites; this is the third highest amount of favorites of any game on Roblox. Paintball! is one of the most visited games of all time. Paintball! is also the second game to ever reach 20 and 30 million visits, as well as the second most visited game that is under the FPS genre. The game held the most played game spot for a week after surpassing Base Wars: The Land sometime in 2014. Paintball! has been praised mainly for the complex scripting and gameplay present within the game, as well as the realistic nature of the function of the paintball guns.
Several updates were added to the game. As of November 2013, the game currently has, in the most recent major updates, splats of paintballs added on the player being hit by an enemy to provide a more realistic feel. The paint splats also appear on any stationary object when targeted. Also, thrown grenades produce multiple paintball projectiles shooting in random directions. In addition, the Kill Cam (which provided a few seconds of a view of the enemy who killed the player) was improved, and a clip system for the weapons in the game was also added to make the game much more fair by requiring players to reload after firing all ammunition in a single clip. A rocket launcher paintball weapon was recently added to the game as well. As of 2019 the game is permanently closed and only available to daxter33's friends.
Only one paintball gun can be equipped at a time. Paintball guns shoot arcing, team-colored paint projectiles (except Grenade and Rocket Launcher) that kill a person on touch. Guns can be switched out by pressing P while active, but the player will have to reset to make the change effective.
All players start with this gun upon joining the game. Thestarter is a semi-automatic paintball gun that fires a single projectile that arcs as it travels farther at a medium speed rate. The amount of paintballs per clip is 100.
The paint grenade is not a traditional weapon. It does not need to be equipped, does not have an ammo clip, and can be used alongside other weapons. The paint grenade is a small, ball-shaped projectile that is affected by gravity more than standard paint projectiles. After a short time, the grenade will explode, shooting several standard paint projectiles in random directions. Players have an unlimited amount of grenades, but when throwing a grenade, there is a delay where the players are vulnerable.
|Shotgun||10||The shotgun fires multiple projectiles that are spread out throughout a small area and spreads more separately as it flies farther. There are 5 projectiles per shot, and this is taken away from the ammunition storage by five at a time. These traits allows the player using the weapon to kill more opposing players at the same time or in at least one shot. Despite this, the shotgun fires at a slower rate than the starter. The amount of ammunition per clip is 100, and with 5 ammunition consumed per shot, this equates to a maximum of 20 shots per clip.|
|Rifle||20||The rifle works in a similar fashion to the starter. However, the ammunition from the rifle flies farther and more accurately than the starter gun. The amount of paintballs that can be fired per clip is 100.|
|Burst||25||The burst is not a standalone weapon; it is simply an add-on to the ammunition fired from the starter gun. Burst allows players to fire a short, quick burst of 3 shots with one click from the starter with a range that is matched to that of the rifle. The burst also consumes 3 paintballs from the clip for every shot. The amount of paintballs that can be fired per clip is 99 instead of 100 to ensure that there is no remainder of paintballs, because it fires 3 projectiles per click, and as a result, has a maximum of 33 shots per clip.|
|Sniper||30||The sniper has the longest range and most accuracy of any of the guns that are offered in the game. One unique feature of the sniper is a scope that allows players to zoom in more than with the other guns. Pressing Q allows the player to use the zoom feature on the weapon. Despite these benefits, the gun also has the slowest firing rate out of any of the guns within Paintball!. One can easily kill an enemy from one base to the other in a far distance with the long range capability, very high accuracy, and high killing power that is provided with the gun. The amount of ammunition per clip is 20.|
|Grenade Launcher||40||The grenade launcher shoots paintball projectiles that are affected by gravity more than other paint projectiles and generate miniature explosions, similar to a thrown paintball grenade, at a relatively moderate rate of fire. This gun is useful for killing multiple enemies at the same time. The amount of paintball grenades per clip is 10.|
|Automatic||50||This gun fires paintballs continuously while the player holds down the mouse. It has a long firing range as well. The automatic is, because of the fully automatic nature, long range, and high rate of fire, one of the most powerful weapon within the game. The amount of paintballs per clip is 100.|
|Rocket Launcher||60||This gun currently has the highest level requirement, at 60, due to its power. It works in a similar manner to the grenade launcher, although the projectiles for the rocket launcher are not affected by gravity, thus it could fly straight towards any targeted area. Another significant difference between the rocket launcher and the other Paintball! weapons is the gun's shape. The amount of paintball rockets per clip is 15.|
Paintball! rewards players for tagging several people in a row without getting tagged. After getting the required amount of kills, players have the opportunity to deploy killstreaks. Multiple killstreaks can be obtained in one life, and killstreak items are retained after a death or a round end, but killstreaks are lost when a player leaves the game.
|Landmine||4||Landmines are cylinders with a team-colored button on top. If an enemy steps on a landmine, the landmine explodes, launching several paint shots in all directions similar to a paint grenade. The landmine is often used to protect players using sniper or rifle, by preventing people from sneaking up behind them. Landmines can be destroyed without an explosion by shooting at it.|
|Paint Sentry||8||The Paint Sentry is a team-colored cylinder with four legs and a large barrel. The paint sentry will automatically shoot at any enemies within range, but does not have the ability to turn. Paint Sentries shoot faster than Automatic, and are perfectly accurate, so they will always kill a player once it targets him/her unless the player has a force field. Sentries can be destroyed by shooting at them.|
|Helicopter||20||The mini helicopter is a remotely controlled helicopter with paint weapons attached to it. When deployed, the player will lose control of his/her character and will instead control the helicopter, using WASD to move horizontally and QE to move up and down. Clicking with the left mouse button fires standard paint shots and pressing F fires a rocket.|
Bugs: If the player attempts to deploy a sentry in an invalid place, such as in the air, his/her sentry in the hot bar will disappear, but the sentry will not be placed. When the player switches back to his/her paintball gun, (s)he is still able to shoot, but the sentry will still display in the player's view. However, once the player respawns by any means, such as being killed by an enemy or resetting, the usable sentry will return in the hot bar.
The following is an Experience Chart.
|Rank||XP Points Needed||Unlocks (If any)|
- Select/unselect paintball gun tool - the tool is first unselected when the player first spawns/respawns in the game. It is possible to have the tool unselected when it is equipped, but it is not recommended for the player to do so, however, as the player will need to select it again in order to be able to use it.
- Aim down sights/scope/change back to hip-fire mode - aiming down the sights improves accuracy of the weapon, although the player would move slowly while aiming. The player may press the q button again to switch back to hip-fire mode, sacrificing accuracy for normal mobility and vice versa. For sniper, an "actual" scope will be viewed from, with crosshairs.
- Left Mouse Button
- Fire weapon - the left mouse button is the typical button for firing a projectile from the player's weapon. The projectile that is released depends on the weapon that the player is using; for example, the starter paintball gun shoots a single projectile that arcs down as it moves far away, while the shotgun paintball gun shoots multiple small projectiles that covers a large area at close range.
- Reload - in the new update, paintball guns require ammunition instead of having an infinite amount of paintballs in one clip. The player has an unlimited amount of clips, but a limited amount of paintballs in the clip.
- Left Shift button
- Sprint - While sprinting, the player can move faster than normal, but in a limited amount of time. In addition, during sprinting, the player may not be able to fire his/her weapon until the player has finished sprinting.
- Throw paint grenade - the paint grenade detonates in a medium team-colored explosion that can damage or kill multiple enemies who are caught in its explosion after approximately 3 seconds after throwing said paint grenade. It is also affected by certain forms of physics, such as gravity and velocity. It appears that the player has an infinite amount of grenades, and as such, as much paint grenades can be thrown by the player as desired.
- Change weapon - upon pressing the button, a black GUI menu will pop up in the screen showing the weapons that the player has unlocked and the weapons that the player has yet to obtain. This also shows a shop which required Robux to buy killstreak rewards or levels. The changes will only take effect upon respawning. Hovering over a locked gun will temporarily display the level needed to unlock it.
There is a total of seven different game modes that can be played in Paintball!. The modes are: deathmatch, team swap, controller, elimination, capture the flag, base defense and King of The Hill. Each mode has a time limit of 15 minutes. If the objective of the game mode is fulfilled by a team, the game will end before the time limit ends, except for controller, in which the game almost always ends when the time expires, in which the victor is declared to the team with the most flags controlled when the time ends.
- The game mode involves the red and blue teams competing to reach 50 tags by fighting each other until one of the teams reaches the set amount of tags (or the most amount of tags if 50 tags has not been reached after the time expires). Players need to do anything in order to fulfill the goal of making tags.
- Team Swap
- The game mode involves players placed into either the red or blue team fighting to switch defeated players into the opposite team and vice versa. Players can get other players on their team when a player tags another player. The game ends when all players are in one team while the other team has no more players left, or when the time expires and whichever team that has the most players wins.
- Players work together in one team to control the most flags. Players capture flags by staying near a neutral/enemy flag and waiting for a short time to completely convert the flag into the team's flag. The more players standing near a neutral/enemy flag, the faster it will change. The capturing of the flag will be intercepted and will turn translucent if an enemy is nearby to stop it. At the end of the game mode, the team with the most flags controlled wins. To avoid ties at the end of the game, there are an odd amount of flags present, which is 3. Defensive and Offensive tags are rewarded if the player protects his/her flag by tagging an enemy player who is near a friendly flag, and if he/she tags an enemy player who is near their flag, respectively.
- Players fight against the other team in order to eliminate all of the opponents. Eliminated players are placed in the lobby and cannot participate in the game round overall until the game ends. The game ends when all of the players in a team are tagged, or the time expires and the team with the most players alive wins. To compensate for the inability for players to return to the fighting area once they are tagged, 500 experience points are awarded for every tag instead of the typical 100.
- Capture the Flag
- Players battle each other on the opposing teams by attempting to capture each other's flags. In order for a flag to be successfully captured, players must take out the flag out of the enemy's territory, and transport the flag to the territory of said player's team. The team with the most flags captured wins. A player scores 50 Experience Points for picking up a flag, and 500 Experience Points for returning it to the base. If no flags are captured or both teams have the same number of flags captured when time expires, there will be a draw.
- Base Defense
- Each team has 1 flag in a fixed area that is affiliated with their color. If the team captures the enemy flag before the timer expires, the team that captured the flag wins. If neither teams have caught the flag by the end of the game, the team with the most tags made in the round will win that round. Defensive and Offensive tags are rewarded if the player protects his/her flag by tagging an enemy, or if the player tags another player to take down their flag.
- King of the Hill
- One flag is present in a selected place on the map. If a team captures the flag before time in the round wins out, that team is "king of the hill," and wins the round. If neither team captures the flag, the team with the most tags at the end of the round wins.
Paintball! currently has eleven maps. Daxter33 has stated in the description of the game that he is accepting more maps into the game for updates, so more maps may be added soon.
|Classic Paintball Custom||Finwei|
|Maxxz rating||Not scored|
Paintball! has had positive reviews which praised for its originality, realistic movements and entertainment. The game holds approximately 400,000 favorites and received approximately 91% rating from the community.
It hasn't been rated by Maxxz and BLOXikins, but has been well-loved by millions of fans from across the Roblox community.
- The game is the most played paintball themed game on Roblox, as well as the second most played game of all time.
- The game had its name changed to Paintball!
- Paintball! was copied by Jaredvaldez4 in 2012, and got more place visits than the original. Daxter33's version of the game did not surpass Jared's game slot until after Jaredvaldez4 was terminated.
- Paintball! was the fourth most played game on Roblox in 2012, after Pieperson50's ever-changing gameslot, Catalog Heaven, and Base Wars: The Land. The game was visited 10,096,274 times.
- Paintball! was the most visited game on Roblox in 2013, racking up 13,438,456 visits.
- Paintball! was visited a total of 26,545,809 times on December 10, 2013
- Paintball! is the second game ever to get over 20 million visits, and the fifth game to ever get over 300,000 favorites.
- Paintball! is 3,000,000 visits away to becoming the most visited game on Roblox.
- Paintball! has a shop! You can buy levels or sentries now.
- Paintball! had its max level set to 200.
- Crouching and Lie Down was removed to a Roblox update breaking them.
- Due to another Roblox update concerning DataPersistence, many players has their levels resetted.
- Speed hackers attacked the game, making it very frustrating. daxter33 fixed this.
- Due to Restricted mode being added in July 2018, Paintball! became restricted to friends of Daxter33 only. When Restricted Mode was removed, the game was broken and left unplayable due to rounds never starting.
- Paintball! was rewritten and recreated by user DevForumSpammer on January 1st, 2019. The game is a fully functional recreation of Daxter33's original game. But the maps featured are supposed to be from the 2008 to 2013 version of the game. Link here ---> https://web.roblox.com/games/2701865035/Paintball