An official group for Outbreak Survival that is owned and operated by hoshpup is present. It is called Outbreak Survival Fan Club, where group members/fans can keep up to the latest updates and various questions regarding the features in the game.
A Blog made by hoshpup, was also created for the game. Its purpose is to inform new and old players of updates / changes, display past, present and future balance changes, have in-depth developer analysis of how certain parts were built, and also to present an insight into how the game was made.
At the beginning of the game round, 3 to 4 players are randomly selected as zombies, with the rest of the players becoming survivors. The survivors need to attempt to survive for a set amount of time, without all of the members being killed by zombies in order to win the round. However the zombies, whose objective is to attempt to infect all survivors before the time runs out, try to kill the Survirvors and turn them into Zombies. If they manage to infect every Survivor the Zombies win the round.
Survivors are first given a Pistol that deals a small amount of damage and can shoot 14 times before requiring to reload, along with any other weapons that the player has obtained, typically via VIP T-shirts and/or the in-game shop. Besides the starter pistol, the player can use various weapons, such as pistols, shotguns, and swords, to defeat zombies in order to earn Points, which can be used to buy stronger weapons or even support items, such as healing tools or health potions. For the Zombies, players can select a wide variety of Zombie classes to choose from. Each with their own special attacks, strengths and weaknesses. As time passes, more powerful Zombies are unlocked which increases the chances of winning and makes it harder for the remaining Survivors to survive.
- Expanded XL: This map was used up until the Halloween update. It included the Zones mentioned above.
- Classic map: This map is the original map which contains only the Abandoned Town without the Wizard Tower or Office Block.
- Xolbor Invasion This map was used to promote the Halloween event. It included damaged/destroyed buildings, along with 4 Xolbor Tanks, BaronVonXolbor's Dimension Bomb, and a floating piece of the Halloween Event map.
- Halloween: The map itself is quite large. It features a segment of the map that was re-used from another one of hoshpup's old games (Halloween Battlegrounds). There are two pumpkin castles, one being orange and the other being purple. A user named CoolSwordKnight has a guest appearance as the leader of the Darkseed forces. In between the castles are different forms of barricades and a few towers. Directly in the middle, players can find the Darkseed Troops about to fight the Orange troops army, although the troops do not move at all and only act as sceneries. In the middle of the map, there is an electricity generator (which players need to touch to gain the power-up to open electric doors), a small field (where the boss spawns), and a small shed-like building which contains the Foil power-up. Around the edges of the map, the player can see 4 buildings, one of which is blue, which can only be opened by using the Foil power-up, the second which brown, which is on top of a hill, the building is barricaded with lots of wooden boards and there is only one way to get inside it, a black building which is on top of a purple hill, one of the Zombie spawns is also near this. The black building is very tall and is similar to an evil version of the Wizard Tower. The final building is the massive one at the back that looks nearly identical to one of the buildings in Team Fortress 2 on the King of the Hill Harvest map. In addition to all of this, there are pumpkins that rain from the sky every so often that players can collect to buy new items. Some items can even be found just by picking up the right pumpkin.
- Winter Event: The map is a very large area comprised of several smaller zones. The zones include the (now replaced) Ducky Pirate Cove Zone, a zone that has a few blocks of ice that lead into the hull of the ship, with a teleport for the survivors that can transport them into a barricaded area, Builders' Zone, a zone where 2 sturdily barricaded red, green, and white buildings are joined together through a bridge on the 2nd floor, Christmas Village Zone, a zone where large gray castle walls and a drawbridge cover 4 houses that are located near a road with streetlights, with 2 on each side of the road, 3 of which can possibly be entered into and only one of which cannot be entered into at all, the Christmas Hill Zone, which is simply a pathway between the Builders' and Christmas Village Zones, and the Christmas Castle Zone, where a large gray castle with many pathways lies. Many hidden areas are present in many of the buildings, including special passageways. Also, there are doors that allows only players on a specific team to pass through.
- 'Winter Event' 2: The map is smaller compared to last years one. It still is comprised of several smaller zones. The current zones include, 'Builders' Zone, a zone where 2 sturdily barricaded red, green, and white buildings are joined together through a bridge on the 2nd floor, Christmas Village Zone, a zone where large gray castle walls and a drawbridge cover 2 houses (used to be 4) that are located near a road with streetlights, with 1 on each side of the road, the Christmas Hill Zone, which is simply a pathway between the Builders' and Christmas Village Zones, and the Christmas Castle Zone, where a large gray castle with many pathways lies. Many hidden areas are present in many of the buildings, including special passageways. Also, there are doors that allows only players on a specific team to pass through.
- Halloween 3
- Mini Edition
- Mini Edition Final
- Oil Works
Zombie Type Information
Current list of Zombies in-game:
- Normal Zombie: The normal zombie has 125 hitpoints, 17 speed and 9 damage. This zombie is really easy to be killed by survivors, but it can reach to damage survivors because of its speed.
- Kaboom Zombie:
- Fast Zombie:
- Wraith Zombie:
- Shield Zombie:
- Gravity Zombie:
- Whiplash Zombie:
- Decay Zombie:
- Bullet Zombie:
- Bloat Zombie:
- Ethereal Zombie:
- Ice Zombie:
- Brute Zombie:
- Striker Zombie:
Removed / inactive Zombies:
- Kamikaze Zombie: The Kamikaze Zombie has 150 healthpoints, a fast walkspeed of 22, and a damage of 5 HP plus 30 for explosion damage. The Kamikaze Zombie is a fast zombie type, since the zombie has a faster speed than normal survivors. The zombie is special in that it explodes in a small radius upon death, damaging if not killing any survivor(s) who are caught in the blast. The disadvantage that the Kamikaze Zombie possesses is its low direct damage, along with its health. Its threat level is 3, given the ability to explode and possibly damage any surrounding survivors upon death.
- Breaker Zombie: The Breaker Zombie is a powerful zombie, with a massive 60 damage, 10 walkspeed, and 600 HP. It is able to take down a normal survivor in at least 2 hits and has a good amount of healthpoint, but to balance out the benefits, it is slowed down. The Breaker Zombie has a threat level of 4, since it has the highest direct damage out of all of the zombie types (not counting the Bloat Zombie, which has an indirect explosion damage of 80, easily beating out the Breaker Zombie's damage in one hit by 15 hitpoints) and the fact that it is rather tough. Before an update that nerfed the zombie down to its current damage, the Breaker Zombie had 500 Healthspeed, 12 walkspeed, and a gigantic amount of damage to the point that any survivors it touches would be instantaneously killed.
- Lightning Zombie: The Lightning Zombie has 400 HP and a fast walkspeed of 22, but a weak damage of 10. The threat level of the zombie type is 3, given the slight toughness and the speed of the zombie. It is available when 6 minutes and 30 seconds are left of the round.
- Blitz Zombie: The Blitz Zombie has 400 healthpoints, a damage of 24, and a walkspeed of 18. It has a good amount of HP, deals high damage, and has a slightly high walkspeed, making the zombie type highly balanced. Its coloring may fool guests or new players, because it has a tan head and arms, a lime torso, and blue legs, so they may mistake it for a survivor. Also, the color makes the Blitz Zombie stand out of the zombie horde, exposing itself to survivors and zombies alike. Despite the disadvantages, the Blitz Zombie is considered as a powerful all-around zombie type and near the end of the round the zombie type is popular for what is called a "Blitz Attack", in which some of the zombies in the zombie team changes to the Blitz Zombie and attempt to attack any survivors who are remaining alive. Its threat level is 4, with the higher stats than the regular zombies. It is the last zombie to be unlocked in the round, at 2 minutes and 59 seconds.
- Crawler Zombie:
- Spectral Ethereal Zombie:
- Noob Zombie
- Noob Brute Zombie
As of today, there are a total of 29 official VIP T-shirts created by hoshpup himself, although only 17 of these are currently placed for sale. The names of the T-shirts are Standard VIP, Mega VIP, Ultra VIP, Samurai Baker Weapon Set, Ducky Pirate Weapon Set, Lone Survivor Weapon Set, Hair Dryer Knight Weapon Set, Medic Set, Sergeant Shooter Person Weapon Set, Wizard Weapon Set, Space Marauder Weapon Set, Hoshpup Weapon Set, Weapon Set Custom, Payment, Weapon Set Custom 2, Weapon Set Custom 3, Agent Weapon Set, Plants vs Zombies Weapon Set, Noob Warrior Weapon Set, Sniper Weapon Set, Heavy Weapon Set, Ninja Weapon Set, Halloween Weapon Set, Halloween Basic Weapon Set, Space Marine Weapon Set, Ho-Ho-0wn3d Weapon Set, Frost Warrior Weapon Set, although Ultra VIP, Samurai Baker Weapon Set, Hair Dryer Knight Weapon Set, Wizard Weapon Set, and Space Marauder Weapon Set have not been put up for sale, and also that the Basic and Regular Halloween weapon set are off-sale because of the Halloween event being over.
The effects for each available VIP T-shirts are:
- Standard VIP: Can be bought for 38 Robux or 380 Tickets. The T-shirt shows a Robloxian with a regular yellow head, a red torso, and black arms and legs holding what appears to be a golden gun on the right hand and a Flak Cannon on the left hand while surrounded by 10 zombies. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a golden MP5, which can fire long golden bullets in bursts of 5 shots. The golden MP5 can shoot 10 times before requiring a short reload. The player will also receive an Elite Shotgun, which is uses the Flak Cannon mesh that is used as a powerful shotgun. The player will also receive a health potion that heals the player with 50 healthpoints.
- Mega VIP: Can be bought for 220 Robux or 2,220 Tickets. Gives the player, if they are a survivor, Dual Crystal Miniguns, which are basically turquoise handheld Vulcan miniguns, 2 tactical grenades, which covers a part of an area within a radius upon detonation, a healing potion that heals a portion of the player's healthpoints should he/she have taken damage, and a shock blaster.
- Ultra VIP: Currently under development and not on sale. Benefits of the T-shirt is unknown.
- Samurai Baker Weapon Set: Was originally able to be bought for 50 Robux or 500 Tickets, but. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Cookie Trap, which temporarily knocks down any survivor/zombie for approximately 10 seconds, and a rolling pin, which is a melee weapon.
- Ducky Pirate Weapon Set: Can be bought for 400 Robux or 4,000 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Ducky Pirate flintlock, cutlass, which is a pirate melee weapon, hand cannon, which launches small explosive cannons, and the Speed-O-Ducky, which is a consumable item that speeds the player up to a walkspeed of 18 at the cost of 20 of the maximum health points.
- Lone Survivor Weapon Set: Can be bought for 10 Robux or 100 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Survivor Pistol, which is a powerful pistol, and a healing potion that heals a portion of the player's health.
- Hair Dryer Knight Weapon Set: Can be bought for 50 Robux or 500 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a hair dryer, which shoves back zombies and/or survivors who are caught in the force of the hair dryer, and a Hair Dryer Knight's Sword and Shield, which is a melee weapon with a shield.
- Medic Weapon Set: Can be bought for 35 Robux or 350 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Medigun, a healing weapon that is based on the healing weapon of the same name from the popular 2007 first person shooter Team Fortress 2, one of hoshpup's favorite video games. that is used by the in-game class called the Medic, and 2 Sci-fi MedVac 4300, which heals anyone in its healing range after a few seconds. The weapon set was once off-sale for a few weeks due to some of the tools, including the MedVacs, not functioning properly.
- Sergeant Shooter Person Weapon Set: Can be bought for 28 Robux or 280 Robux. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Sergeant's Rifle, which is a fully automatic assault rifle that has a capacity of 120 rounds before requiring a reload, and a Sergeant's Pistol, which is a pistol that can hold 22 rounds per magazine.
- Wizard Weapon Set: Can be bought for 110 Robux or 1,100 Tickets, but is currently offsale. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Lightning Staff, which is a staff that electrocutes any zombies that touches its projectiles, a Freeze Staff, which is a staff that fires a projectile that freezes any zombies who would touch it, an Arctic Blade, which is a melee weapon that freezes any zombies who touches it, and a Fireball, which allows the user to cast a fireball that damages any zombie who touches it.
- Space Marauder Weapon Set: Currently off sale, but can originally be bought for 80 Robux or 800 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, Dual Laser Pistols, which are two semi-automatic ray guns that can shoot 40 times before requiring to reload, Space Rocket Launcher, which is a large red rocket launcher mechanism that can shoot one powerful red rocket that can damage if not kill multiple zombies and/or humans, and a jetpack, which allows the player to fly towards various places. The jetpack has been nerfed with the duration of the activation of it, since the jetpack is often abused by many players as a method of escape from many zombies
- Weapon Set Custom: Can be bought for only a whopping 5,000 Robux. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, an Elite Shotgun MkII, a very powerful Elite Shotgun, and a Darkheart, which is a sword that can drain health on a hit on a zombie.
- Weapon Set Custom 2: Can be bought for only a whopping 7,500 Robux. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Golden Pistol, which is a powerful pistol, an Elite Sniper Rifle, which is a powerful sniper rifle, and a Darkheart.
- Weapon Set Custom 3: Can be bought for only a whopping 7,500 Robux. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Darkheart, an Elite Shotgun, and an Elite Sniper Rifle.
- Agent Weapon Set: Can be bought for 40 Robux or 400 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Revolver, a weapon which can shoot 6 times before requiring to reload, a Military Spy Satellite, and a Knife, which can deal extra damage to, or for certain zombie types, instantly kill, the zombie from behind, or by backstabbing. Many players have noticed that the weapon set is similar to the set of the Spy, another playable character from Team Fortress 2. The weapon set was once placed off-sale for a few days due to some players complaining and/or reporting that some of the weapons can damage and/or kill other survivor(s), which can convert the killed survivor into a zombie. To solve the problem, hoshpup removed the team-killing script that was somehow included in the weapons and the weapon set is eventually placed back to sale.
- Plants vs Zombies Weapon Set: Can be bought for 40 Robux or 400 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Peashooter Rifle, a weapon which can shoot round green peas that deal damage to zombies upon a successful hit, a Trophy melee weapon, which is basically self-explanatory, and a Magic Taco, a consumable item that can heal the player once upon consumption very shortly before disappearing. The weapon set is based on the popular 2009 tower defense video game Plants vs. Zombies, which is one of hoshpup's favorite video games, as evidenced by the presence of a Plants vs. Zombies-based tycoon game in one of hoshpup's active places called Plants vs. Zombies Tycoon.
- Noob Warrior Weapon Set: Can be bought for 30 Robux or 300 Tickets. The weapon set includes the Noob Warrior's Sword and Shield, which is basically a Garbage Can Shield and Wooden Sword Set on the picture of the T-shirt.
- Sniper Weapon Set: Can be bought for 20 Robux or 200 Tickets. The weapon set includes a first-person shooter-scripted Sniper Rifle that uses the Sniper Rifle mesh from ROBLOX Base Wars FPS and uses the firing sound of that of the Sniper Rifle from Team Fortress 2.
- Heavy Weapon Set: A Pre-order price of 200 Robux or 2,000 Tickets had been set up but is now currently on sale for 300 Robux only. The weapon set will provide the player, if he/she is a survivor, a first-person mode-programmed Minigun, which is a primary weapon that can be used by the Heavy, a playable class in Team Fortress 2, along with the first-person Shotgun, which is the Heavy's regular secondary weapon.
- Ninja Weapon Set: Can be bought. Provides the player, if he/she is a survivor, an Awesome Katana, Awe Star Shurikens, and a Ninja Mask, which can turn the user invisible for a short amount of time.
- Halloween Weapon Set: Can be bought for only 200 Robux, although it is currently off-sale due to the Halloween event being over. Provides the player, if he/she is a survivor, an Emerald Scatterblaster 2000, a Ghost Minion, and a Slateskin Cake.
- Halloween Basic Weapon Set: Can be bought for 8 Robux or 80 Tickets, although it is currently off-sale due to the Halloween event being over. Provides the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Pumpkin Crossbow.
- Space Marine Weapon Set: Can be bought for 350 Robux or 3,500 Tickets. Provides the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Space Marine Blaster, a ranged weapon, an Energy Sword Delta, a melee weapon, and a Personal Defense Shield.
- Ho-Ho-0wn3d Weapon Set: Can be bought for 400 Robux or 4,000 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, an Arc Burst Gun, a Kaboom1000 Rocket Launcher, a Magic Snowman, and a Candy Cane Elite, a consumable item that restores the player to full health and provide a very fast speed boost for just 1 second
- Frost Warrior Weapon Set: Can be bought for 80 Robux or 800 Tickets. Provides the player, if he/she is a survivor, an Explosive Bow, an Ice Blade, and a Candy Cane Super, a consumable item that heals the player to full health and give a small speed boost for 1 second.
- Clone Trooper Weapon Set: Can be bought for 350 Robux or 3,500 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Shield Canister, a consumable item that increases health by 200 healthpoints while slowing down the player to a walkspeed of 8, a DC15A Blaster Rifle, a Bacta Tank healing device, and a Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon.
- Winter Recruit Weapon Set: Can be bought for 15 Robux or 150 Tickets. Gives the player, if he/she is a survivor, a Laser Taser and a Frosty Wham melee weapon.
Game Passes are now fully operational, they are duplicates of the first 8 VIP / weapon sets. This was due to the fact that hoshpup didn't know that there was a limit of 8 game passes per game, and was planning on replacing all T-shirts with game passes.
Originally, some game passes for testing was uploaded into the game for 2 tickets by accident, these were taken off-sale and remained that way for over a year. However they are now on-sale again, which means those people who bought for 2 tickets were able to keep them.
- Basic Shotgun
- Basic Sword
- Magma Bow
- Azure Periastron Alpha
- Board with a nail in it
- Assault Pistol
- Assault Shotgun
- Cheese Blaster
- PX3 Shoulder Guns
- Nuclear Winter Gun
- Assault Sniper
- Assault Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- Rocket Launcher
- Elite Peridition Flamethrower
- Elite Shotgun
- Elite Rocket Launcher
- Elite Sniper
- Q Golden Justice (unavailable)
- Pumpkin Launcher (Removed,old:30 Xolbor kills)
- DarkLazer (Removed,old:1000 Xolbor kills.Only 6 have it: CoolSwordKnight, duaf1xd, GOLDMANX, redbunnybun, ToontownRocker137 and another unknown person.)
- Pumpkin Defender (Eerie Halloween Event)
- Blunderbluss (Eerie Halloween Event)
- Atom Blaster (Eerie Halloween Event)
- Snipe60 (Eerie Halloween Event)
Eerie Halloween Event Weapons
- Pumpkin Defender, available in Event Tools section for 100 Pumpkins,
- Blunderbluss for 300 pumpkins
- Atom Blaster for 1000 pumpkins
- Snipe60 for 8000 pumpkins.
- Neuron Blaster,earn via Eerie Punpkin. (Green)
- Snipe180,earn via Darkseed Pumpkin. (Purple)
- Dark Windforce,earn via Dusekkar Pumpkin. (Blue)
- Darkseed Rifle, which can be obtain by touching the cube at the left on the shelf inside Tan House.
- Elite Darkseed Rifle,can be obtain by touching Heaven Gate as human. (Note that you have to solve a quiz first)
- Quiz order: Outbreak Survival, Hoshpup, Bullet Zombie, BaronVonXolbor, CoolSwordKnight.
Past Updates List
Here is a list of all the major updates that the game has had, some of these are also mentioned in the in-game Info GUI.
- Outbreak Survival [Beta Testing]: Outbreak Survival Beta testing started. The game only had the Urban Zone with the two Survivor Houses, the Town Hall and the two storage rooms.
- Outbreak Survival [New Shop]: The Shop was added to the game.
- Outbreak Survival [New VIP + Weapons]: The first VIP (Standard VIP) was added to the game.
- Outbreak Survival [Underground Zone]: The Underground Zone was added to the game along with the Bullet Zombie.
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 1]: The Medic Weapon Set is added to the game.
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 2]: The Wizard Tower was added to the area of the game, along with the Sergeant Shooter Person Weapon Set.
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 3]: The Wizard Weapon Set is added to the game, although it is not placed for sale at the time that it is released.
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 4]: The Space Marauder Weapon Set is added to the game, although it is not placed for sale at the time that it is released.
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 5]: The Ice Zombie was announced
- Outbreak Survival [Mystery Update Day 6]: The Striker Zombie was announced. The Space Marauder Weapon Set and the Wizard Weapon Set were also added to the game.
- Pre-Outbreak Survival [Zombie Fest Part 1]: Demolition Signs were seen next to the Yellow Storage Room and near the trees by the road, along with dynamite and a wrecking ball crane, speculating the eventual destruction and removal of the building.
- Outbreak Survival [Zombie Fest Part 1]: Agent Weapons Set, Plants vs Zombies Weapon Set, Heavy Weapon Set, Sniper Weapon Set and Ninja Weapon Set were announced. The new shop along with the start of the badge saving system was implemented. The Basic and Support tools were released in Badge form. New game pictures and a new video were also added. The Office Building was released in place of the Storage Room.
- Outbreak Survival [Zombie Fest Part 2]: Ghostwalker was removed. The rest of the weapons were released in Badge form. Agent and Plants vs Zombies Weapon sets were released.
- Outbreak Survival [Zombie Fest Part 3]: The new Lake Zone was added, along with the Gravity Zombie and new VIP sets. Various tweaks has also been added, including the nerf for the Jetpack in the
- Outbreak Survival [Zombie Fest Reborn]: The /load feature was removed, the Cave Zone was added. The Heavy Weapon Set was put for Pre-order
- Outbreak Survival [Rise of the Xolblor Invasion]: The Xolbors invaded the Outbreak Survival group on the 10/06/2012, posting mayhem on the group wall and the leader of the Xolbors, BaronVonXolbor, posted this code that players can attempt to decode to figure out his evil plans: 9-12-12 2-5 2-1-3-11 j/h/t-l. The code was finally broken by a user named Hayate101, by translating the numbers into letters and vice versa. The code that he translated said "I'll be back 10/8/2012". BaronVonXolbor then posted on the group shout: "Congratulations Hayate101 for figuring out the code. It translated: "I'll be back 10/8/2012" Be prepared". Also, Xolbor enemies were added to the game to increase the challenge for the survivors and the survivors were also provided complimentary ray guns that are scripted to damage the Xolbors. In addition, the area was redesigned as to indicate the destruction of many of the buildings, along with the presence of Xolbor
- Outbreak Survival [Eerie Halloween Event]: The entire area is replaced with a special Halloween map, due to the Xolbors successfully opening up the portal, along with the addition of new badges, pumpkin currencies, and special weapons.
- Outbreak Survival [Xolbor Invasion II]: Xolbor enemies are added to the Halloween map area, as seen with the presence of an Xolbor spaceship.
- Outbreak Survival [Frosty Winter Event]: A new winter-themed map is added to the game, along with 5 new weapon sets, a video that advertises the winter update, and 2 new zombie types, which are the Decay and Leaper zombies. Various tweaking's on the weapons and zombie types are also added and new GUIs have been in place in the game.
- Outbreak Survival [Frosty Winter Event Part 1.5]: 4 new buildings have been added to the game, one of which are located near the Builders' Zone and the Factory and 3 of which are in a new standalone zone, replacing the Ducky Pirate Ship in the Ducky Pirate Cove Zone. The first building is a gray medium two-floor Ice Cream Factory, the second to fourth new buildings in the new zone are a purple-and-green spacious Present Bunker, and two large white towers. All of these buildings had been created by various Roblox users.
- LOLBrake Survivlez [Teh n00bs are back!]: Was an April Fools Day prank, which lots of users responded in the comments for the game and the fan group by assuming that "hosh is hacked", when actually hoshpup was simply tricking players. The picture resembled the "Closed for Renovations" but instead said "Open for Renovations" When you first join the game, you first see the map which is a smallish cube shape, then a cinematic cutscene slowly zooms in on a brick build "You Failed" that is placed on the middle of the map. There is still the Zombies and Human teams, however the game script isn't present so no one turns into an actual Zombie. There was a TV like box with a person inside dancing which players could stand on, there were also 3 Noob NPCs and 1 Ducky Pirate NPC which walked around aimlessly. The players could then shoot at these NPCs with the Superball tool they had in their starterpack. The cube map was hollow and the players spawned on top of it, the floor disappeared every 5 minutes to reveal lava and spikes which players would fall into unless players were standing on the Spawn, TV or sides of the map. When the floor disappeared players would usually try to knock each other off with Superballs, and try and get to the TV by building temporary walls with the Wall Builder. All of this went on while the Star Wars Imperial March theme was playing in the background.
- Outbreak Survival [Mini Edition]: Released in June 20, 2013, the smaller edition of the overhauled game shows off parts of the new features of the second version of the game. It includes the currency in the game, gold, with 1 earned per zombie killed as a survivor, weapons that can be picked up from the environment, a new weapon chest that can be purchased for 3 golds for a random weapon, usage of dynamic lighting, a redesigned underground/town hybrid map, and scattered weapons that can be purchaased with gold.
- Outbreak Survival [Eerie Halloween Event 2]: Replaced the whole map with the Halloween map from the previous Halloween update but with the new game engine implemented.
- Outbreak Survival [Frosty Winter Event 2]: Replaced the whole map with the Winter map from the previous Winter update, however the map is smaller with the removal of the Ice Cream Factory, Ducky Pirate Cove Zone and a segment of the Castle Zone.
- The fictional name Xolbor is actually Roblox spelled backwards.
- The Normal, Fast and Kamikaze Zombies were the 3 original zombies that were present in Stealth Pilot's game.
- The Red Survivor House and the Brown House at the classic area has not been changed since the start of the game, although it is not included in the Halloween and Winter map.
- The Space Marauder set was inspired by the class in the PC/Mac Massive Multiplayer Online Game that is created by the The Lego Group called Lego Universe, Space Marauder.
- The Heavy and Medic Weapon Sets were inspired by the Team Fortress 2 classes: Heavy Weapons Guy and the Medic.
- The Plants vs. Zombies Weapons Set was inspired by one of Hoshpup's favorite games, Plants vs. Zombies. More evidence is seen that he is a fan of Plants vs. Zombies when it is noticed in his profile that he owns a tycoon-based game that is based on said game.
- The Sniper Weapon Set was added because the Elite Sniper is one of the most popular and idolized weapons in the game among many players.
- It is not exactly known where the road behind the Town Hall at the original map leads to.
- In the initial release of the game, many players have accused the game of using free models, since they thought that the use of free models in the game meant that hoshpup had lacked creativity in creating the game. Currently, hoshpup has proven it false, since he declared that he is a very original builder when he adds new content, as evidenced by the creative setup of items and models in the game.
- In the Info GUI on the last page of the first tab, it mentions that the Zombie modification for the popular first person shooter that is created by Valve Corporation Counter-Strike Source inspired hoshpup to make Outbreak Survival.
- A game map making kit that was based on the game engine for the game was created by hoshpup but never released to the public.
- Originally, Xolbors were faster, stronger, and also jumped more often. The old "zombie" script used in them was different and chased both survivors AND zombies. Currently. they are now only programmed to chase survivors and jumped less often.
- On October 21, 2012, jared2valdez4, an alternate account of the infamous user in ROBLOX Jaredvaldez2, stole one of the game's advertisements and attempted to pass it off as his own by drawing over hoshpup's watermark name and adding his own. The response to this was more negative comments on Jared's game by many users who clicked on the advertisements.
- On November 8, 2012, the game had been broken by the new chat update. Many group members in the Outbreak Survival Fan Group had complained of the incident. Later on, due to numerous reports and complaints of some of the games in Roblox breaking down by many users, the Roblox engine is fixed in response to the widespread outcry by Roblox itself.
- Originally, the game used to run on Stealth Pilot's Undead Coming engine, but was then switched to its own original engine in December 2012.
- On January 5, 2013, Hoshpup released a fact via a post regarding the amount of data in the 3 different maps in a post in the Outbreak Survival Fan Club. According to him, the Winter map had 395 MB worth of data, Halloween had 600 MB, while the original map, with everything that was added to it up to its final addition, had 1.2 GB worth of data. Ironically, even though the Winter map had the lowest amount of data out of the 3 maps, it was said to suffer from occasional lag spikes that tend to be severe, as reported by many players who played at the map. (The cause of said lag spikes was later found and removed)
- As revealed on January 5, 2013, along with the info on the data of the maps, there are 27 weapons and 5 zombies (though the names, abilities, and their stats are unknown) that are not yet released into the actual game. One zombie was completely removed from the game: the Earth zombie. Another zombie was the Crawler zombie, which was then replaced by the Gravity zombie. The Wraith zombie was also supposed to be removed and replaced by a "Spectral" Zombie, but this never happened for an unknown reason, yet the replacement was intended to occur at the same time the Crawler was replaced by the Gravity zombie.
- Prior to November 2, 2013, the game was under renovation and as such full access to play the game was closed off from the public for the duration of the overhaul, although the "Mini" version of the game is released in June 20, 2013, showing off some of the progress of the game. The exact date in which the full version is brought back to the public from the first test run is November 2, 2013.
- An April Fools' Day prank in 2013 had included some false patch notes in the Outbreak Survival Fan Group: ">Patch 3.1415. + squid lawnchair, Removed CoolSwordKnight class due to OP. Zombies have extendable arms. Buffed Brute Zombie to 16 speed to make it fair. + Ultra Zombie. + Personal Roflcopters" and "Patch 3.1415 continued: Added new Potato Team because Zombies were lonely. Elite Weapons are now free. DarkVenomWindyIceLightFireSwordShieldBlaster added to game. Banned admins. Kicked everyone else."
- In a post in the Outbreak Survival Fan Group at May 4, 2013, the official map list for the upcoming major update is listed with Wave 1 being maps called "Underground", "Doom Lagoon", "Communal Town", and "Firebase Alpha". The second wave have the maps "Noob Land", "Dead Terror", "Silent Streets", and "Space Outpost Zeta". Wave 3 will have the maps "Port Barrage", "Z-Day", "Mines of Madness", "Incline", and "Castle Siege".