This game features an AI HelperBot, which walks around giving answers to users questions, as well as clearing debris. The game has achieved over 23 million place visits, over 219,000 favorites, 16,000 thumbs up, and over 4,400 thumbs down since its creation. It has been stolen many times, most famously by Jaredvaldez4 and Juststeven. However, the place is now under review for what seems to be no reason.
Welcome to ROBLOX Building features a stamper tool, used for "stamping" parts onto your baseplate, a wiring tool which uses triggers to activate wirable components, and a configuration tool which is used to configure, or modify components. It also features a rotate tool and a deletion tool. It has been called their 'flagship' place, and has over 23 million visits. Welcome to ROBLOX Building saves what you build, but it will only save a limited amount because there is a brick limit. Over time, when you build you receive points. The player with the most points is featured on a golden statue. There are 2 people named "SWAT" with dialog that you can attempt to talk to, but with recent updates, it's extremely hard to talk to them. There was a teleporter which led to Crossroads, and next to that, was where a green jeep spawned, which players often rode around the map and build garages for.
HelperBot is a scripted humanoid that would go around and delete bricks that fell away from the area the builder was using. HelperBot even got his own hat that you can view here.
In 2010, the game was released by ROBLOX. Originally, up to 9 users could join at a time, but in 2012, It downgraded from to 6 users due to lag issues. In early 2014, the game began to be exploited. Some exploits were used to insert otherwise unusable models, some to grief, or destroy, others' builds, and some just to wreak havock. Models inserted by exploiters began appearing everywhere in the game, since they could be copied using the copy feature in the stamper tool. In Oct. 2014, there was an update that kicked any user caught exploiting.
The game reached the decline phase around 2015 mainly due to the large amount of exploiting on the place, or the exploits being patched.
On February 12, 2016, ROBLOX updated the game, including a new game icon and disabled comments (the reason for comments being disabled is unknown, but the possible reason might be because of the fake robux generators, scams or mostly spam) to recapture people's interest in the game.
The game was mysteriously taken down by on January 26, 2017 either due to its in-game features being broken (though it could easily be fixed by enabling AllowClientInsertModels) and outdated or for being exploited. Before it was taken down, the place had around 23 million place visits. The teleporter to the game had been removed from Crossroads. The game was made private at an unknown date in 2018.
Released Products in Building
Releases many of its top-notch new features here. Several features released in this place were:
- Saving Build Progress
- NPC Dialog Trees
- Machines – Elevators and Traps
- Backpack for Gear Storage
- Stamper Tools
- Friending In-Game
- Wiring Parts
- Stamper Tool - The main tool used in this place, it allows users to build by "stamping" (placing) bricks from a pre-defined set onto a designated user area, it also contains a delete mode for undoing mistakes.
- Delete Tool - A tool that allows users to delete bricks, although provided to the users it is often considered redundent due to the addition of deletion via the 'Stamper Tool'
- Rotate Tool - A tool which allows the user to rotate blocks.
- Configuration Tool - A tool which is used to set/modify the behaviour of specific configurable models available in the game.
- Wiring Tool - Allows the user to wire switches to machines, such as a lever to a spike.
- You can kill HelperBot. There are a few steps on how to kill him.
- Build a very long tower of spikes. Do not use moving spikes, because the helper bot could cross them.
- When you think your tower is high enough to be enough to fall off your baseplate, delete the bottom block.
- Delete random blocks near the bottom. Never delete a spike that was next to an already deleted spike.
- If done correctly, your tower of spikes should fall and move off the baseplate.
- Now you need to get the helper bot to your base to kill him. You can either wait for him, or you can ask him to show you to your base, but only do this if the helper bot's route to your base leads him to the spikes.
- If done correctly, the helperbot should now freeze and die! He will stay like that for a few seconds until he regenerates.
- To get to the SWAT Agents on the door and roof, get a float pad and configure it to the highest it goes. Go on the pad and float do the window or door. If done correctly, you should see a SWAT Agent. Talk to it by clicking the bubble above their heads.
- You could originally build a "flying" object by putting 2 blocks on each other and putting a toilet on the 2nd block, sit on it and while sitting, rotate it and then delete the 1st block and you hold space to fly. Because HelperBot deletes parts that are out of bases, the object would only last for a limited time. This has unfortunately been patched as of 2016.
- During the Christmas Season of 2011, you could receive a badge, "The Mark of Experience", here to receive a gift. Players could receive this gift by earning at least 5000 points. The gift opened into a hat, "A Shoulder Helper Bot".
- The tool HelperBot uses to delete bricks is the Gravitational Radiation Hammer v0.01.