John James Shedletsky, III, formerly known as Telamon, is a famous Roblox user who was the former Creative Director at Roblox from 2006 until 2014. He was the fourth engineer hired at Roblox. He resigned from his full-time position in May 2014 in order to pursue establishing a new business venture, although he continues to work on an as-needed basis with the corporation. While employed at Roblox, he created games such as Nuke the Whales and Sword Fight on the Heights IV, and he created the LOL group. He has also patented some systems which have since been unique to Roblox. Shedletsky has a YouTube channel which is known for uploading many trailers of Roblox during its early years. Nowadays, Shedletsky is mainly active on Twitter and returns to the site from time to time. He is also known to have two alternate accounts that have a vast trove of limited items stored on them; EarlGrey and SonOfSevenless.
Outside of Roblox, John is married to the administrator known as BrightEyes. He graduated from Stanford University in 2006 with a bachelor's and master's degree in computer science with additional focuses on biology and classical literature. His interests include computer graphics, machine vision, game theory, game design, graphic design, oil painting, bio simulations, and classical literature.
- 1 ID Swap with Telamon
- 2 April Fools' Jokes
- 3 Games
- 4 Former appearances
- 5 Controversy
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
ID Swap with Telamon
Prior to the username change feature being released, John changed his name by switching the user IDs between Shedletsky and Telamon. By doing this, he was able to keep all of Telamon's earned assets and also took his user ID. When asked about the name change, he tweeted that he did so because he outgrew his previous name.
April Fools' Jokes
On April Fools' Day of 2007, John made an announcement on the blog announcing that Google purchased Roblox and had renamed the game to Gooblox. Later in the day, David Baszucki (also known as Builderman) released another blog post that explained the April Fools joke and that the Gooblox domain was purchased by Google.. Users who enter the URL for Gooblox will be redirected to the Roblox website.
In 2010, his Administrator badge was removed for a short period of time as a part of a second April Fools joke. After this, many people speculated that Shedletsky was fired. However, this was not the case and he later regained the Administrator badge.
Sword Fights on the Heights IV
Sword Fights on the Heights IV, also known as SFOTH IV (as it is abbreviated) is the most notable sword fighting game that was made by Shedletsky. The game has almost twenty million place visits.
Sword Fights on the Heights Original
This is the first installment of the Sword Fight of the Heights series.
A Bridge Too Far
A Bridge Too Far is a game that was created on September 21, 2007. The objective of the game is to blow up the bridge. This game has over 100,000 place visits.
Mission to the Moon
Mission to the Moon is a game that was created on August 6, 2007. Users are encouraged to wear the Astronaut Helmet on their Avatar before playing the game. If the player doesn't wear the astronaut helmet in the "Mission to the Moon" place, the player's head would briefly expand and eventually explode and the player would die from the explosion of the head, due to the supposed lack of oxygen.
My First Level
My First Level is one of the first games that was created by John. It was created in June 2006 and has not been updated for over 11 years. As of July 8, 2019, the game has been visited 50,646 times and has been favorited 1,975 times.
Ride a Cart Into My Face
Ride a Cart Into My Face is a game that was created in 2012. This game has accumulated almost 100,000 place visits. In this game, you ride a cart into a model of Shedletsky's real-life face. The face was created out of a section of a photo of him standing by a lake, a canvas was made to make the face look 3D, and the photo was projected onto the canvas to make a 3-dimensional model of his face.
Nuke The Whales
Nuke The Whales is a game that was created on March 5, 2008. It has accumulated over 860,000 place visits and has been favorited 37,190 times.
SFOTH Becoming Builder's Club Only
For a brief period of time, Sword Fights on the Heights IV was converted into a Builder's Club only place. After numerous complaints on the forums, John responded with the following post:
1.I can ban Exploiters and get their main account....2.I was curious how many tickets it would make (answer: a ton)...3.I was interested in whether there would be fewer noobs in-game (maybe)...4.It's my game and I'll do what I want....5.Trololollollll.
After that post, XiaoXiaoMan, a Roblox YouTuber who was well known for his Raging Reviewer series, Burnout Madness series, and his Random Insanity series at the time made two commentary videos discussing the forum post.
- From 2006 to 2007, Shedletsky was known for using alternate accounts on the forums to pretend to be a different person.
- He was also known for "exposing" or "roasting" people, but usually to players that did something wrong on the forums.
- He may be an ancient history enthusiast, as his original account's username was a direct reference to a Greek mythology character of the same name and he is also known to have conceptualized the Dominus and Kleos hats.
- In-game, an "awesome Face" icon appears next to Shedletsky's username on the player list.
- Blame John is a popular saying. This phrase originated during the 2010 Egg Hunt when the first egg drop failed to meet players' expectations. The phrase later appeared in an advertisement for the Gear of the Week: Fortune Telling Eight Ball gear, and the Protest Sign: Blame John gear is based on the phrase.
- He helped design a game in 2006 named Euclidean Crisis.
- He once owned a forum website known as IronNoob. Many older Roblox players joined it, but it was shut down in 2014.
- Shedletsky created the account 1x1x1x1 in 2010.
- Since the start of 2015, trade requests from him have become more common, as he often trades with random players. However, he has also been accused of using trade bots since many limited owners that had never met him in-game reported receiving disadvantageous trades from him.
- On June 8, 2016, a user named InFamy and a few of his friends managed to crack Shedletsky's Roblox and Twitch passwords. InceptionTime eventually shut down the stream that InFamy's group was broadcasting on Shedletsky's Twitch channel.
- People say he is a skilled sword fighter on SFOTH, However, John says that he has no skill in sword fighting due to him only using powerful swords against regular swords.
- He sometimes uses swearing in his tweets on Twitter which catches the attention of the community in the replies.
- On November 15, 2019, CloneTrooper1019 confirmed in a live stream with Fleskhjerta that Shedletsky is a father, which had not previously been known nor announced until then.
- in Late 2020 Shedletsky put the LNX Glasses and R15.