Egg hunts (previously known as Eggstravaganza And Egg drops) were special events in which eggs were scattered around one or multiple games which must be found by players. Each egg was different and has a different way to earn it. Egg hunts started in April 2008 and ended in April 2020.
Some eggs would've become limited items, usually if they were the hardest to find, and typically sell at around 200 Robux to 1,500 Robux on the Avatar Shop. 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2011 were the only years to not feature egg hunts or drops until 2021, where the egg hunt was instead replaced by another event.
It was originally believed by players that there would not be an egg hunt for the year 2020 and beyond due to the administrators' announcement of all events being discontinued and replaced with the now discontinued Live-Ops. Despite the announcement, an egg hunt for the year 2020 was confirmed when chewbeccca posted on the Developer Forum looking for games to participate in the event after Live-Ops was presumably discontinued. 
During the Metaverse Champions event, there was an egg called the Tiny Egg of Nonexistence. The egg was made as a troll by Telamon during the Eggstravaganza 2008. This egg was the last egg to be released by Roblox. If you look at the main hub game for Metaverse Champions, you can see the badge with the description being "goodbye.", essentially confirming that no future official Egg Hunt events would be held.
|Bluesteel Egg of Genius||This egg was given out to all users who joined Roblox in 2006 due to an unknown exploit and achieved a score of 150 or higher on Hard Mode in the ROtris game during the ROtris event.|
|Wikipedian Egg of Alien Mind Control||This egg was created by Telamon during the Eggstravaganza 2008 event in-order to fool players who asked him about how to get the egg. It is currently the only unobtainable egg from the Eggstravaganza 2008 event.|
|Tiny Egg of Nonexistence||This egg was another egg created by Telamon during the Eggstravaganza 2008 event to fool players who asked him about how to get the egg during the 2008 hunt. But, in 2021, the egg could be obtainable via a secret quest in the Metaverse Champions Hub|
|Violently Pink Egg of Violent Opinions||This egg was given during the 2010 hunt to players who got an 80-100% voting accuracy in The Crossroads Improvement Project Contest.|
|Duskeye Egg of the Crossroads||It was given out to select users during the 2010 hunt as a prize for receiving a score of 1,650 or higher in the Crossroads Improvement Project.|
|Royal Agate Egg of Beautiful Dreams||This egg was another egg created by Telamon to fool players who asked him about how to get the egg during the 2008 hunt. It was eventually given out during the 2010 hunt as a prize for receiving a certain score in a The Crossroads Improvement Project Contest.|
|Arborist's Verdant Egg of Leafyness||This egg was another egg created by Telamon to fool players who asked him about how to get the egg during the 2008 hunt. It was eventually given out during the 2010 hunt as a prize for receiving a certain score in a The Crossroads Improvement Project Contest.|
Egg drop gear
- Egg Basket: This item was used in the 2010 Egg Drop. It is given to all Builders Club members. It allowed you to hold unlimited eggs in your inventory. If you didn't have BC, you could only hold 6 unique eggs.
- Eggdentifier 2010: This item was used to tell you how many of what eggs were in the place you were playing.
- Egg Compass: This gear pointed to the rarest egg in the place you were in.
- Bad Bunny: This Gear allowed you to create fake explosive eggs.
- Magic Bunny: This Gear allowed you to jump to great heights.
- Eggphone: This Gear would display a list of all the eggs from Egg Hunt 2020 event as well as a hint to the objectives to get the eggs.
- Categgpult: This Gear allows you to launch explosive tabby eggs which would spawn a few fake uncollectible black cat eggs after it exploded (which disappear after a few seconds), but rarely spawned a real Tabby Egg in the Egg Hunt 2016 game.