- "Games" redirects here. For information about a user place, see Place. For the user, see Community:Games.
A game is a group of places linked together that are designed to constitute a game as a whole. Places in a game are able to communicate with other places in that same game, and place teleportation is used to bring players from one place in a game to another. They also make sure you keep your things, such as EXP, items, gamepasses, etc, if that was what a developer wanted to do. Universes were suggested many years before their announcement, and its launch coincided with the release of The ROBLOX 2014 Winter Games.
- Improved teleportation that no longer prompts users to change place, but instead, teleports the player without an option.
- As long as the game is within the universe, inactive places can be teleported to without the place taking up an active place slot of its creator.
- Centralized Datastores, the superseded version of Data Persistence, allows for saved data to be shared across all places in a single game.
- New places can be created in-game through the "CreatePlaceAsync" method.
Sometimes someone might name their game: "Jump Down a 9999ft hole!" or "Bungee Jump Down a Cliff"