Personal servers, which were also a feature limited to Builders Club members, were automatically made a MEGA server. After an unknown time, they removed the picture symbolizing that it was a MEGA place. They did create, and keep the picture that shows that a game is a Personal Server. Then the Personal Servers themselves were removed June 8, 2016.
Groups often made their places 'Mega' as they could hold alot more members of the group than a standard server.
Famous Mega Places on ROBLOX
- Shedletsky's Telamon's Big World was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can hold up to 120 players.
- Matt Dusek's Balance place was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can hold up to 255 players.
- Shedletsky's Crossroads 1024 - WIP was once a MEGA place. It could hold up to 50000 players. This is the highest player limit that any game on ROBLOX has. It was changed in 2017 to have only a max amount of 100 players. This was likely because the servers would not be able to handle upwards of 100 players and soon crash from overloading.
- Alexnewtron's Meepcity was once a MEGA place. It could once hold up to 120 players, but today, it's 200 players.
- Shovelware Studios' Shovelware Museum of Art was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can hold up to 200 players.
- GeneralGory's group (British Army) game Woolwich Barracks was once a MEGA place. It can hold up to 199 players.
- Dummiez's Audio Visualizer was once a MEGA place. It can hold up to 200 players.
- sputil's group (RobeatsDev) game Robeats was once a MEGA place. It could hold up to 100 players.
- victorian333333's Get rid of liquid [ALPHA] was once a MEGA place. It can hold up to 100 players.