The Memorial Day 2019 sale was a special sale on Roblox, preceded by Memorial Day 2018. Its purpose was to celebrate the federal holiday known as Memorial Day. It took place in the avatar shop from May 24, 2019, to May 27, 2019. Some items had their price cut and new items were released every day in 'waves' which occurred continuously around every two to four hours from certain starting points. An official announcement for the sale was not released.
- 1 Timeline
- 2 Criticism
- 3 Trivia
Two expensive accessories were discounted significantly:
- Sir Rich McMoneyston, III Disguise - 11,111 Robux → 8,888 Robux (20% off)
- Bluesteel Swordpack - 10,000 Robux → 5,000 Robux (50% off)
Two new hair accessories were released:
- Blazeburner - 250 Robux
Two new accessories were released, one of which was timed:
Two more accessories came out:
Two inexpensive accessories were released:
Bighead was brought back on-sale along with an expensive BIG accessory:
Day 2 ended with two new face accessories:
Day 3 begins with two accessories being released:
Two new "Neon 90's" themed items were released:
Two new items were released; another "Neon 90's" themed item and a tail:
The Workclock set was placed on sale:
- Workclock Headphones - 3,000 Robux (three-hour timer)
- Workclock Shades - 10,000 Robux (three-hour timer)
The day ends with two new accessories being released:
The day starts with 3 new faces being released:
- Eita the Envious Youkai Face - 100 Robux (12-hour timer)
- Noriko the Gentle Youkai Face - 250 Robux (six-hour timer)
- Chichiri the Wise Youkai Face - 500 Robux (four-hour timer)
One new hat was released:
- Tiny Coronet Crown - 500 Robux
To end the sale, 2 new accessories were released:
This sale has sparked criticism in the community due to shorter timers than usual, long delays between waves, the lack of limited items, and very little classic items other than the Bighead and the Workclock set. In addition, the Emerald Valk Shades originally had a 12-hour timer, but due to an unknown reason the timer was removed and the item was kept available. It was later put off-sale. Compared to other sales, Roblox only released one expensive accessory for the Bighead, and for a short period of time it was mistakenly placed on a four-hour rental. Many players in the community believe new limiteds will no longer be produced due to the colored face series this sale not being limited, whereas in other sales the colored face series usually starts off as a LimitedU. A commonly requested item that didn't go back on-sale was the Frenemy.
- This is one of the few sales to not be announced on Roblox's official Twitter account or blog.
- This is one of the few sales to not release any limited items.