ROBLOX Game Conference 2012 was an event ROBLOX administrators had prepared for the community. The event was held on July 14, 2012, in Santa Clara, California. At the conference, players could meet each other in real life, share ideas about ROBLOX to other users as well as Administrators, and find out about some of ROBLOX's plans for the future. According to some statistics, as many as 1,000 users bought tickets and attended the conference. Several conferences were present within the convention, such as future updates to ROBLOX, as well as user feedback and suggestions. Players could also meet up with each other according to specialty on ROBLOX, such as Game Developers, Groups, and members of the different forums on the ROBLOX website. Many of the ROBLOX Administrators and Moderators spoke at the convention. At the end of the convention, awards were given in specific categories (listed below), and these members, along with their item that gave them victory, were put in something known as the "Hall of Fame."
Hall of Fame Winners
|Category||Nominee 1||Nominee 2||Winner|
|Best RPG||-22 Degrees and Dropping by RedneckBricksmith||The Lords of Range's Cape
|Legend of the Shattered Rune by Blob34|
|Best FPS||Paintball! by Daxter33||Base Wars: The Land by D4rk886||Call of Robloxia 5 - Roblox at War
|Excellence in Construction||BMW M5 Series Concept by Geico480||Warrior Cats by Mandaka||
Légèreté de la liberté by Stuntman007
|Best Video||ROBLOX RoWars Trailer by Vaktus (ALIENxenomorph100 on YouTube)||The Beauty of ROBLOX by Tonitoni (ROBLOXowns on YouTube)||The Elder Trolls of ROBLOXIA by Dayren (DayrenX on YouTube)|
|Game Developer of the Year (Staff Picked)||Piedude777 for Epic Mining 2||Brayden99 for WWII - Battle for Carentan||Crazyman32 for Stranded|
|User of the Year (User's Choice)||D4rk886||Crazyman32||Seranok|
|Game of the Year (User's Choice)||Catalog Heaven
|The Complex by Spyro372||Base Wars: The Land
|Game of the Year||Survive the 87 Disasters!
|Sword Fighting Tournament
|Call of Robloxia 5 - Roblox at War
|Best Fan Blog||Roblox News by arbirator|
|Most Active Group||Vortex Security by AricLatios|
|Best Advertisement||Get Drawn Shirt by LunarEden|
- Roblox ran advertisements to promote the conference, advertising that all attendees that signed up before May 14 would receive a free RGC 2012 T-shirt. Other advertisements for the conference advertised free ROBLOX Bottles for attendees. Other ads ran for the conference were RGC versions of the One Does Not Simply Walk into Mordor meme.
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/79416972/Roblox-Game-Conference-2012
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/79416927/Roblox-Game-Conference-2012
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/81050229/RGC-Bottle
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/81050265/RGC-Bottle
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/86175191/Get-a-ticket
- ↑ https://www.roblox.com/library/86175365/Boromir-is-right
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.