Ready Player Two was an Event on Roblox. It first began on November 23, 2020, and its second phase began on December 1. It was placed off of the Events section on December 22, 2020. However, as of Janaury 11, 2021, the event is still ongoing. The event is the successor to 2018's Ready Player One event, and is also sponsored by the Novel of the same name.
The event was first teased through a Twitter post by the Ready Player Two twitter account (@READYPLAYER2). The Ready Player Two twitter account also frequently teased the event, often retweeting posts from Roblox influencers.
|Ready Player Two Hub||Operation: Bert|
|Bee Swarm Simulator||Onett|
|Robloxian High School||Robloxian High School Group|
|Bad Business||Bad Business|
November 23, 2020
"What's in this and does? What's in she and we? Between them, you must win, and you'll have the game by another name." (Piggy)
November 24, 2020
"Left high and dry? Then you're on your way. Knock, knock..." (Piggy)
|Ready Player Two Book||Ready Player Two Hub||Given automatically upon joining Ready Player Two Hub.|
|Ready Player Two Shirt||Ready Player Two Hub||Given automatically upon joining Ready Player Two Hub.|
|The Meta Star||Ready Player Two Hub||The first 77 people to complete the event obtained this item.|
|MetaPhones||Ready Player Two Hub||The first 777 people to complete the event obtained this item.|
|Meta Shades||Ready Player Two Hub||All players who complete the event obtain this item.|
|How to Program BASIC||Bee Swarm Simulator||Complete the secret objective in Bee Swarm Simulator.|
|King of Madness Set:||Piggy||Complete the secret objective in Piggy.|
|Bombastic Set:||Robloxian High School||Complete the secret objective in Robloxian High School.|
|1x1x1x1 Set:||Bad Business||Complete the secret objective in Bad Business.|
|Rip Tide Set:||Sharkbite||Complete the secret objective in Sharkbite.|
|Rick's Boom Box||Vehicle Simulator||Complete the secret objective in Vehicle Simulator.|
|Chaotic Top Hat||Dungeon Quest||Complete the secret objective in Dungeon Quest.|
|Gunter Headset||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Vaporwave Hood||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Ready Player Two Headphones||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Vaporwave Headphones||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Vaporwave Wings||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Gunter Wings||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
|Ready Player Two Backpack||Ready Player Two Hub||Obtained by buying this item in-game.|
- Many games are criticized with artificial difficulty, including Robloxian Highschool having obbies with no checkpoints, and quests being interfered with by people regularly playing the game in SharkBite, Bad Business, and Vehicle Simulator.
- Piggy was also criticized before VIP servers were made free.
- Sharkbite was also criticized prior to decreasing the price of VIP servers from 200 to 10 Robux.
- Mobile players with no access to PC or laptop devices criticized Vehicle Simulator's glitch that prevented them from obtaining Rick’s Boombox which also prevented them from completing the event.
- The event's prizes were modeled and designed entirely by UGC creators.
- The event's main hub reached over 1 million visits before the event was officially announced.
- The portals in the hub place do not open until someone wearing the item joins the place for the first time.
- Entering the hub and being the first to unlock the portal will play an animation.
- All of the games featured in this event used badges that were disguised as unrelated to the event to throw people off.
- The hub has an in-game shop like other events.
- The Helm of the Rip Tide portal was initially opened by exploiters. The legitimate solution to obtain the Helm of the Rip Tide would only be discovered hours later.
- On December 3, there was a bug that caused the final two portals to be opened. This led to the players obtaining The Meta Star and the MetaPhones earlier than intended.
- There was a glitch which caused 781 people instead of 777 people to be able to get The METAphones due to servers not updating on time and they are allowed to keep them.
- This is the fifth time SharkBite has been featured in an official Roblox event after Atlantis, Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time, RB Battles and Egg Hunt 2020: Agents of E.G.G..
- This is the fourth time Robloxian High School has been featured in an official Roblox event after Hallow's Eve (2018), Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time and Egg Hunt 2020: Agents of E.G.G..
- This is the third time Bee Swarm Simulator has been featured in an official Roblox event, after Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time and Egg Hunt 2020: Agents of E.G.G..
- This is the second time Piggy has been featured in an official Roblox event after RB Battles Season 2, which the game was also featuring simultaneously with Ready Player Two.
- This is the second time Bad Business has been featured in an official Roblox event, after Egg Hunt 2020: Agents of E.G.G..
- This is the second time Dungeon Quest has been featured in an official Roblox event, after Egg Hunt 2020: Agents of E.G.G..
- This is the first time Vehicle Simulator has been featured in an official Roblox event.
- This is the sixth event to use clues. The first five events to use clues were Hallow's Eve 2016: Trick or Treat Countdown, DuckTales, Ready Player One, Stranger Things 3, and RB Battles Season 2.
- Some of the quests were nerfed
- Piggy - originally, you needed to wait until 5:00 in game time for the first knock(s) to appear. It was quickly changed to 7:30 a few minutes after the event's release. Additionally, the final segment with the keypads originally had a piggy that would chase you and could kill you.
- Robloxian High School - originally, it required 6 players to sit in specific chairs to get the key. It was later nerfed to require only one player. The final obstacle course also experienced some nerfs - the final teleport area was made wider, portions of the course were made easier and checkpoints were added.
- Bad Business - originally, you were only given three lives and zombies were fast. Now you now have 10 lives, the zombies walk slower, and if you crouch you can’t die.
- Sharkbite - originally, after breaking the yellow cracks, you needed to type "you're gonna need a bigger boat" in the chat while standing in front of the Jaws painting by SharkBiteFan7 to get 4 super buoys. Today, you don’t need to type it out in chat and can just press a button near the painting to get 4 buoys. The final boss also experienced a nerf - the final stage initially had both the laser wall segment and the falling rocks. It was changed to another laser wall segment a day after release.
- Dungeon Quest - originally, you were required to complete a morse code segment involving lanterns at spawn after you collected the 7 gems. This was later removed and instead the code appeared at the gate. The quest dungeon was also heavily nerfed. The timer was increased to 15 minutes, the obstacle course section was made easier and the bosses damage, attack and heal rates were lowered.
- If you have a low-end computer, it's nearly impossible to do Bad Business's RP2 quest because the map's scale and the incredible number of zombies.