Roblox Corporation is an American video game developer located in San Mateo, California. It is the company that develops Roblox. It was founded on March 23, 2004 by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel, and incorporated on April 9, 2004. Currently, the company has 960 employees.
After filing with the SEC for an initial public offering in November 2020, Roblox Corporation decided to instead become public through a direct listing. On March 10, 2021, Roblox Corporation started trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker RBLX. After the first day of trading, the company's stock closed with a fully diluted valuation of $45.2 billion and a market capitalization of $38.2 billion.
- A place based on the Roblox headquarters by builderman named Roblox World Headquarters was created in 2006. An updated version named Roblox HQ 2.0 was also created by builderman in 2008.
- Sen, Anirban, Joshua Franklin, Krystal Hu. "Exclusive: U.S. gaming platform Roblox prepares to go public - sources", Reuters, October 1, 2020. Retrieved on March 11, 2021.
- Registration Statement on Form S-1. United States Securities and Exchange Commission (November 19, 2020). Archived from the original on February 27, 2021. Retrieved on March 11, 2020.
- "Roblox revives plans to go public, reveals widening losses", Reuters, February 22, 2021. Retrieved on March 11, 2021.
- Franklin, Joshua, Niket Nishant. "Gaming company Roblox surges 54% in debut on NYSE", Reuters, March 10, 2021. Retrieved on March 11, 2021.