The Roblox Creator Challenge (also known as Jurassic World Creator Challenge) was a Roblox event that started on June 12, 2018 and ended on September 12, 2018. The event lasted for 3 months. It was created due to the Roblox Education program, as a "self-paced program ... designed for first-time developers who have not had previous coding experience."
It was sponsored by the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom film. There was only one game, featuring three prizes for players to obtain. It lasted for three months, differing from other events which generally last for only two weeks.
Players were able to learn the basics of creating a game by finishing an obstacle course where the player has to rescue Blue the Velociraptor as the volcano begins erupting, mirroring the plot of the film. They learned how to playtest, move and modify parts, scripting in Lua, and many more in Roblox Studio. After the lessons, the player must take a quiz to review what they have learned, with 18 questions challenging them.
Finally, the player is expected to create a game. They have to create a path for Blue the dinosaur to escape. The event has ended but players could still get into the game to get badges and prizes.
|Roblox Creator Challenge||Roblox Creator Challenge|
|Jurassic World Headphones||Roblox Creator Challenge||Complete the first lesson, and answer all the questions correctly in lessons 1 and 2.|
|Jurassic World Cap||Roblox Creator Challenge||Complete the second lesson, and answer all the questions correctly in lessons 3 and 4.|
|Jurassic World Backpack||Roblox Creator Challenge||Complete the third lesson, and answer all the questions correctly in lessons 5 and 6.|
Promotional Code Items
|Jurassic World Sunglasses||Enter the promocode "JURASSICWORLD" on promo codes.|
|Jurassic World Shirt||Free|
Some people have criticized the fact that the event is "too simple and easy" for some players. Players did not have to take the lessons and could answer all the questions by looking at guides or searching them up. Also, the quiz does not provide any penalty for incorrect answers. People also criticized on how the prizes are basic retextures of the headphones, cap, and backpack meshes respectively with the Jurassic World logo added.
- This is the longest event in Roblox history, lasting from June 12 to September 12 (3 months), possibly to give enough time for many people and classes to participate in the game creating challenge.
- This event is very similar to the ROBLOX University 2014 event, in which in that event, users had to learn how to code and then once when they are finished with their lessons, then they would go to a custom game and take the quizzes based on Roblox Studio, and if they had passed, they would be awarded a prize for each quiz.
- Like the Roblox Winter Creator Challenge event, items from this event can still be obtained 9 months after the event was supposed to end.
- This is the second event sponsoring Jurassic World, with the first being Jurassic World (2015).
- ↑ https://corp.roblox.com/2018/05/roblox-introduces-education-initiative-inspire-new-generation-creators/