Roblox Developers Conference 2020 (usually shortened to RDC 2020) is an upcoming annual event that was initially planned to take place in San Francisco, California. Unlike previous years, it would have taken place in a larger venue to hold more attendees and a European venue would not have been held.
According to the original 3-day schedule, two keynotes would have been held Friday night, unlike previous years where no keynotes are held on Friday. After that, a party would be held Friday night, followed by Saturday keynotes, and Saturday/Sunday game jam.
Due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, a post on the Developer Forum was made on March 17, 2020, to assure developers that Roblox did not plan on canceling RDC 2020 at the time due to the pandemic. However, on March 26, 2020, a follow-up post was made saying that the event was cancelled, and instead will be hosted digitally.
- RDC 2020 is the first Fully-Digital Roblox Developers Conference since Virtual BLOXcon 2014.
- RDC 2020 is the first event canceled due to a disease outbreak.
- RDC 2020 is the first real-world Roblox event to be canceled.
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/save-the-date-rdc-2020/440953
- ↑ https://twitter.com/robloxdevrel/status/1220407875723354112
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/save-the-date-rdc-2020/440953/307
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/rdc-2020-status-update/485965
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/notice-about-rdc-2020/497576