Roblox Developers Conference 2020 is an upcoming annual event that was initially planned to take place in San Francisco, California. Unlike previous years, it would have taken place in a larger venue to hold more attendees and a European venue would not have been held.
According to the original 3-day schedule, two keynotes would have been held Friday night, unlike previous years where no keynotes are held on Friday. After that, a party would be held Friday night, followed by Saturday keynotes, and Saturday/Sunday gamejam.
Due to the 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, a post on the DevForum was made on March 17, 2020, to assure developers that Roblox does not currently plan on canceling RDC 2020. However, on March 26, 2020, a follow-up post was made saying that the event was cancelled, and instead will be hosted digitally.
- RDC 2020 is the first Fully-Digital Roblox Developers Conference since Virtual BLOXcon 2014.
- RDC 2020 is the first Roblox Developers Conference to be cancelled.
- RDC 2020 is the first event cancelled due to disease.
- RDC 2020 is the first real-world event to be cancelled.
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/save-the-date-rdc-2020/440953
- ↑ https://twitter.com/robloxdevrel/status/1220407875723354112
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/save-the-date-rdc-2020/440953/307
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/rdc-2020-status-update/485965
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/notice-about-rdc-2020/497576