Premium was first confirmed on June 10, 2019, after "Premium" was added to the MembershipType enum. Its existence was soon speculated when an icon called "icon_premium-16.png" was added to the Roblox files. Later, changes to CoreScripts further increased the idea that a new membership was being added. This can also be confirmed through the content within the URL of the upgrade page as it contains "premium" in it. Web APIs have also been updated to give the idea a new membership is being added; for example, https://www.roblox.com/mobileapi/userinfo has "IsPremium" at the end.
It was confirmed that Premium would replace Builders Club, when the BC overlay endpoint was modified on August 10, 2019, to always return "empty.png".
Membership plans for Roblox Premium are categorized by how much monthly Robux they provide. Compared to Builders Club, all memberships share the same name and icons rather than having distinct ones, and Robux is provided all at once after each renewal date instead of gradually each day.
Current Monthly Premium Plans
|Price (GBP)||Price (USD)||Price (EUR)||Price (CAD)||Price (AUD)||Equivalence|
|Roblox Premium 450||£4.59||$4.99||€4.99||$6.49||$6.99||BC|
|Roblox Premium 1000||£8.99||$9.99||€9.99||$12.99||$13.99||TBC|
|Roblox Premium 2200||£18.49||$19.99||€20.99||$25.99||$28.99||OBC|
The purchase screen displays a MeepCity banner with a picture of an avatar wearing the Golden Suit of Bling Squared and the Golden Top Hat of Bling Bling. This avatar is known as Mr. Bling Bling, and he used to appear on the old Robux purchase page. Unlike the former Builders Club purchase screen, it is missing Gamecard information, Roblox Credit information and billing information.
Roblox Premium Benefits
|Benefits||Normal User||Premium User||BC Comparisons|
Tier 1: 450/mo
|10% Robux Purchase Bonus|
|Developer Exchange (DevEx)||BC: |
|Increased revenue share|
|Group Limit||200||200|| BC: 10|
|Player list Icon|| |
|Bonus Accessories||BC: |
(Google ads were removed in Mid-2019)
(Google ads were removed in Mid-2019)
(Has always been Google Ad-free)
Note: If using the Dark theme, the Premium profile icon will be white instead of black.
Robux stipend comparison between Premium and BC
(for 12 months)
(for 365 days)
The first known users on Roblox to obtain a Premium membership (mainly for testing purposes) include:
- The implementation of this membership resulted in Builders Club bonus items such as the Builders Club Hard Hat becoming unobtainable.
- The API endpoint https://premiumfeatures.roblox.com/v1/users/1/subscriptions can be used to see whether a user has a Lifetime subscription as well as when their expiration and renewal dates are.
- Replace the '1' with the ID of the user whose membership is desired to be checked.
- Users who had the prototype version of this exclusive membership do not own a corresponding Roblox badge showcasing the ownership of Premium. They instead have the Outrageous Builders Club badge on their profile.
- This could be caused by the highest level of Builders Club (OBC) being directly replaced by Premium given to these users. A badge of the membership is yet to be implemented.
- It is speculated that the original plans for membership transfer were to cancel the user's Builders Club subscription and refund them the amount of Robux they would have if they continued with Builders Club.
- Unlike any other previous premium membership plan, Roblox Premium was the first membership program to have the ability to lengthen your group count from 5 to 100, no matter what tier you choose. This was positively commented on as many people believe it's a way for Roblox to better grant their users freedom on that platform.
- As of a later update, however, both Premium and non-Premium members can join up to 200 groups.
- After canceling, a 3-day grace period for Premium membership will be given past the original renewal date.
- Roblox Developers can prompt Premium purchases in-game for rewards, leading to Premium Payouts.