Robux (originally stylized as ROBUX, singular ROBUK), or R$, is the sole universal and main currency on Roblox. Introduced on May 14, 2007 as a replacement of ROBLOX Points. Robux was formerly one of two currencies on the platform alongside Tix (which were removed on April 14, 2016).
Robux is known as Roblox's primary currency by the community and staff; all paid items created by ROBLOX within the catalog are sold for Robux, and user-created content like microtransactions and game passes also follow the same rule. The name 'Robux' is a portmanteau of Roblox and "bucks" (bux).
Players who purchase Builders Club, Turbo Builders Club or Outrageous Builders Club receive a daily Robux stipend:
- Builders Club (BC) members earn 15 Robux per day.
- Turbo Builders Club (TBC) members earn 35 Robux per day.
- Outrageous Builders Club (OBC) members earn 60 Robux per day.
BC, TBC, and OBC users can sell T-shirts, Shirts, and Pants to earn a profit after Marketplace fees are calculated. Users can earn 70% of the item price (30% marketplace fee). This also applies to when game passes, developer products, and Limited items are sold. NBC users are only able to sell game passes and developer products and will earn 10% of the price (90% marketplace fee).
Players can sell Gamepasses and Developer Products to earn Robux in the same manner as Catalog items. Additionally, they can include gear on the game page, which will pay a commission to the developer every time a gear is purchased on that page.
A group can sell virtual items in the Catalog like an individual user. However, all the Robux earned is deposited into the "Group Funds" which can then be distributed among members.
Robux can be included in a trade (30% marketplace fee).
Roblox released the ability to purchase Robux through their website on September 26, 2008, alongside the guest feature. The ability to purchase Robux through the Roblox Mobile App was released on December 11, 2012. Robux can also be purchased through a Roblox Card, which can be purchased at many stores in the US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand, such as GameStop, Walmart, FYE, and more. Users with an active premium membership will receive an additional Robux bonus if they purchase Robux. Users who do not own a credit card can use Rixty, which allows them to purchase gift cards and use Coinstar machines to change the spare change into Robux. Currently, Rixty does not work outside of the USA or Using Load (Smart, Globe, TNT) (Philippines Only)
For players outside of the US, prices are displayed as their country's currency equivalents (however exchange rates are not fully taken into account by Roblox when buying directly from the website).
|Robux Amount||Selling Price (USD)||Robux Bonus (BC Exclusive)||Additional Notes|
|5 Robux||Only available through the Roblox Chromebook App.|
|80 Robux||$0.99||10 Robux||Only available through the Roblox Mobile App and Roblox Windows 10 App.|
|160 Robux||$1.99||20 Robux||Only available through Rixty.|
|240 Robux||$2.99||30 Robux||Only available through Rixty.|
|320 Robux||$3.99||40 Robux||Only available through Rixty.|
|400 Robux||$4.95||50 Robux||Not available through the Roblox Windows 10 App.|
|800 Robux||$9.99||200 Robux||Not available through the Roblox Xbox One App.|
|1,700 Robux||$19.99||None||Only available through the Roblox Xbox One App.|
|2,000 Robux||$24.99||750 Robux||Not available through the Roblox Xbox One App.|
|4,500 Robux||$49.99||1,500 Robux||Not available through some mobile devices.|
|10,000 Robux||$99.99||5,000 Robux||Not available through some mobile devices.|
|22,500 Robux||$199.99||12,500 Robux||Not available through some mobile devices.|
|75,000 Robux||$499.95||25,000 Robux||Discontinued shortly after being introduced in early 2015.|
- For 100 Robux, users in a premium membership can create groups.
- For 25 Robux, group owners can create a new rank for their group.
- Before the new group layout, for 500 Robux, group owners could create a clan for their group.
- For 1,000 Robux, users can change their username.
- Users can upload thumbnails for their places. An image thumbnail was 10 Robux but is now free, while a video thumbnail costs 500 Robux.
- Users can create a Badge for their game at a price of 100 Robux each.
- Users can bid on an advertisement for their games, clothing, groups or models for different amounts of Robux. The value has to at least be 10 R$.
- Users can pay to access certain games with varying prices.
- Users can purchase items in the catalog for varying amounts of Robux, excluding free items.
- Users can buy game passes and developer products for specific games.
- Users can upload an audio file to the Library, with costs ranging from 20 Robux to 350 Robux depending on how long the length of the audio is.
- Main article: RoblEX
With the November 2008 release of the RoblEX currency exchange, players were given the ability to exchange Tix into Robux and vice-versa. The Roblox's exchange rate is based on user demand and typically hovers around 1 Robux for about 20 tickets for market orders. However, on April 14, 2016, the currency exchange was shut down following the removal of tickets.
- Main article: DevEx
The Developer's Exchange (DevEx) was released on October 1, 2013. This feature allows developers who meet specific qualifications to exchange Robux into real-life currency (USD) on a monthly basis. In order to qualify for DevEx, users must be currently subscribed in Outrageous Builders Club, have earned over 100,000 Robux, have a valid PayPal account, and be verified. Currently, developers earn $350 per 100,000 Robux exchanged through DevEx.
- Main article: Scam
Robux is most often acquired by purchasing because most players cannot earn it or do not earn enough to obtain the items or features they want in order to enjoy their time on the platform comfortably.
As a result of this, many players who have never spent any real money or have only spent a small amount on Roblox often resort to begging, and there are also malicious users who attempt to scam users in order to take their Robux or other valuable assets (including the account itself).
Examples of Scams:
- ❤Redeem TONS of ROBUX❤ and ACCESS to 💲EVERY Game Pass for FREE💲! No information🔐, no anything! Just get a 🎁code🎁, and redeem here! It's simple, easy, and 😁free😁! Go to the following link👉: (SCAMSITE)
- 👉Simply go to the following link: 👉 (SCAMSITE) 👈 Unlock every Game Pass and get thousands of ROBUX. This is in appreciation of being an active player. Roblox thanks you for joining this group. 😍 Redeem your code Instantly. 👉Simply go to the following link: 👉 (SCAMSITE)
- "Hello. As appreciation for playing (RANDOM GAME), you have been qualified to receive a Roblox game card code for thousands of Robux instantly for free. Redeem your game card instantly, simply go to (WEBSITE). No information or download is required!
- Hi There, You are eligible to receive thousands of Robux immediately. Your code: [RANDOM CODE]. Get your redemption codes before its too late! Go to [SCAMSITE]!
- That's right THOUSANDS of Robux for free, no account information, NO DOWNLOAD, simply fill your username.
- Do you want ROBUX absolutely FREE? Tired of scams?No login info or downloads! Simply go to the following link: [SCAMSITE]
- 🍀I got thousands of ROBUX and access to EVERY Game Pass just by getting a code.🍀Tired of scams?💚No login info or downloads!💚👉Simply go to the following link👉: [SCAMSITE]
- 😎ROBLOX is giving access to ALL Game Passes and Thousands of ROBUX throughout the entire summer to everyone! This is an official event so no info needed. Go to the following link for your code 👉: [SCAMSITE]
- 🔥To celebrate the 🌟 4th of July ROBLOX is rewarding 👑EVERY👑 player with access to EVERY Game😍Pass and Thousands of ROBUX 😍. All you need to do is get your code INSTANTLY at the following link:👉: [SCAMSITE] then redeem it instantly at: roblox.com/promocodes 👉Don't forget in order to redeem 🤴 you need to get your 💎code💎 first by going to the following link👉: [SCAMSITE]
- Here is how to get free Robux. First, go to [ROBUXSCAMSITE] and then enter your username and select how much Robux you want. We will then attempt to connect to Roblox's servers. Due to our site being commonly used by spambots, you might have to complete human verification. Simply select an offer and then complete the survey, and then the Robux will be awarded to your account!
- 💚Redeem ROBUX & Game Passes Instantly💚
- 🍀No info required!🍀 💚Just get a code, and redeem here!💚 🍀It's easy & 💲FREE💲!🍀 👍Instant Redemption!👍 👉Check out the following link👉:[SCAMSITE]
- 🍀Want ROBUX?🍀💚Access to Every Game Pass Too?💚🍀Tired of scams?🍀💚No info or downloads!💚🍀Instant redemption!🍀💚 Redeem NOW for FREE!💚👉Get your code at the following link and yes its a link👉: [SCAMSITE]
- 👉If you are viewing this message that means you are qualified to unlock game passes, and R$ Instantly. 👈 💥Get your code for ROBUX now for FREE💥. Get your code now at this link👉: [SCAMSITE]
- [PLAYERNAME] Just got TONS of Robux for free at [WEBSITE]. Go to this website and earn thousands of free robux today!
- [PLAYERNAME] just got TONS of ROBUX using [SCAMLINK]! Visit [SCAMLINK] in your browser to generate ROBUX instantly!
- 🧡If you see this you're selected⭐️. Processed Instantly for tons of BUX. No info needed! Unlock VIP. Simply get your promotion today! 👉Go see the link: [SCAMSITE]
The bots are often the default player model when you make a new account, showing that they were made specifically to send spam messages. Additionally, many bots share similar basic avatars. Roblox encourages players to click the Report Abuse button and report these bot accounts. If there is a scam website, players can email the link to
- Main article: Scam#Scambots
THATS RIGHT, I received 25k Robux INSTANTLY from (scamsite.suffix) and no information is needed!".
Some, however, may use the "/me" command after joining a game, which allows a username to become white in chat, and stand out, having only the name and no special characters ("USERNAME -Message-" instead of "[USERNAME]: -Message-"), for example: "
/me just got TONS of ROBUX! Visit (scamsite.suffix) to generate
FREE ROBUX instantly!", where "/me" becomes the Username.
Those that join games generally look like the "Bacon Hair" style noob.
Due to this, the /me command was disabled by default in all Roblox games on May 17, 2019.
This species of Bots Follow and friend request a certain user with usernames like "Clickme", "DontClickme", "CheckMeOut" and "Read/DontReadmyDesc". The Friend Server update has lowered the chance of getting these bots, but by now most of these bots have been terminated. If an account like this attempts to gain contact with you, report it at once.
The value of Robux has decreased since its initial release. With 3,297 Robux, a Roblox Blog article once declared Miked as the wealthiest Roblox player. Today, many users have upwards of 40,000 Robux in their accounts without being considered as wealthy by the community. This is largely due to the fact that new Robux is generated every time a user earns a daily stipend from their Builders Club membership or purchases it directly from Roblox, which in turn contributes to the currency's inflation as an ever-growing amount of players continue to desire goods or features that cost Robux.
Current theories about the dramatic shift in Robux value are embedded in the idea of supply and demand. Supply and demand are typically inversely related, and the balance of both establish the equilibrium price. For example, by selling most of their items in the catalog for Robux and incentivizing users to exchange Robux for real-life currency through the Developer's Exchange, the demand for Robux has increased. This increase in demand compared to a minimal increase in the supply of Robux creates a deficit of Robux.
According to the Developer's Exchange, 400 Robux is equal to $1, while a 2013 blog post announced that one Robux is equal to one penny.
- Instead of R$, RO$ was the previous shortened term for Robux. 
- A blog post once referred to a single unit of the currency as 'Robuk'.
- R$ is also the symbol for actual currency, the Brazilian Real.
- ↑ Shedletsky. ROBLOX ROBUX. Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2007/05/roblox-robux/
- ↑ John Shedletsky. Be Our Guest, Buy Our ROBUX. Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2008/09/be-our-guest-buy-our-robux/
- ↑ Dylan Bromley. Roblox Mobile is Out Of Beta: Download and Play Today!. Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2012/12/roblox-mobile-is-out-of-beta-download-and-play-today/
- ↑ John Shedletsky. It's the Economy... Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2008/11/its-the-economy-2/
- ↑ https://devforum.roblox.com/t/in-game-chat-me/280889
- ↑ Andrew "Blockhaak" Hakk. The Definitive Statistical Guide to Roblox's High-Growth in 2012. Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2013/01/the-definitive-statistical-guide-to-robloxs-high-growth-2012/
- ↑ Alan "JacksSmirkingRevenge" Fackler. ROBLOX Currency Exchange: The Deep End. Roblox Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2012/10/roblox-currency-exchange-the-deep-end/