The Rthro Design Contests were events in which users were encouraged to create original drawings that would feature the use of the Rthro scaling options. The winners of each contest would be rewarded with $500 and their submission would be published into the catalog for users to purchase and wear. The first event started on December 12, 2018, and ended on January 2, 2019. The second event started on July 12, 2019, and ended on August 2, 2019.
Unlike other events, where it was hosted on the Roblox platform or required entries to be sent to a designated e-mail, these events are hosted on Twitter and required players to send their submissions as a reply to their official contest tweets.
In order for users to participate in a contest, they had to either use paper, a 2D drawing program or a 3D modeling program to make a sketch of an Rthro model that they would like to see in the catalog. They then had to reply to the official contest tweet with their submission. Users were not allowed to steal online pictures or send in someone else's drawing(s). They were also not allowed to send in images of copyrighted images, as they would be disqualified. Memes and joke submissions were also disregarded.
Rthro designs were judged and evaluated based on three criteria:
It should display a style unique to Roblox.
It should display the fun personality of Roblox.
A design should be something no one has seen before.
- ↑ First contest announcement: https://blog.roblox.com/2018/12/rthro-design-contest/
- ↑ Second contest announcement: https://blog.roblox.com/2019/07/rthro-design-contest-back/
- ↑ First contest winners: https://blog.roblox.com/2019/02/rthro-design-contest-winners/
- ↑ Second contest winners: https://blog.roblox.com/2019/08/summer-2019-rthro-design-contest-winners/
- Rthro Design Contest Winners, on YouTube
- A longer version of the contest rules, archived on The Internet Archive