Click here to access it.
Mad City is a game created by Schwifty Studios. It was first created on December 3, 2017, and the game first blew up on January 28, 2019.
Mad City is very similar to Jailbreak, which is arguably the most popular game on the site. It has received praise for its distinctive features compared to the latter, and at the same time is also criticized for being a 'ripoff' and unoriginal.
Mad City, similarly to Jailbreak, utilizes elements of sandbox, action, RPG, and traditional Cops and Robbers genres. At the start of the game, the player has to choose 3 of the teams available in the game: Police, Hero, or Prisoner.
Police were given a pistol, tazer, and handcuffs. Their main role is to arrest guilty prisoners or escaped criminals. Normally, the police players spawn inside the police station found in the prison.
Prisoners usually spawn in their prison cell temporarily before they can leave. The goal of the prisoners is to escape from prison and become Criminals. They can search for certain items, by searching on the containers like trash cans, boxes, etc, to have a chance to escape the prison, and others are materials that can be crafted with required material to craft with.
Once the prisoner has escaped from the prison, their role will change to "Criminal" and gain 100 experience. Criminals are able to rob a variety of locations, namely bank. However, the criminals
Once dead, the criminal will spawn in their own base, if the hero kills them, the criminal will change its team to "Prisoner" and will be sent to the prison.
Heroes is another team of the game. The goal of the heroes is to, similarly to the police except for arresting criminals, is to kill any criminal in the game. Heroes can also have their own set of superpowers in the game: Hotrod, Inferno, Proton, Vanta, Voltron, and Flying Dutchman with each unique abilities that can aid the heroes to eradicate the criminals.
However, once Hero gets killed, there will be a chance they will drop a crystal, containing their prior ability. The criminal can apply their crystal to obtain the hero's superpower.
The measurement of the XP bar determines how much experience needed to progress to the next rank. This can be accomplished by gaining XP from escaping the prison, robbing the banks, arresting the criminals, etc. Enough rank can reward the limited time rewards with required rank before they end each season.
A menu can be accessed by pressing the smartphone, found in the right corner of the screen. The menu has its own features:
- Spawn: Spawns the selected vehicle. Some areas or team is restricted from spawning a vehicle.
- Team: Allows the player to change the team, from prisoner, police, and hero.
- Cash: A microtransaction menu where the player can buy in-game currency, or also other gamepasses for Robux.
- Codes (Twitter Codes): Allows the player to enter the code and submit it in order to unlock exclusive items.
- Shop: ???
- Vehicle Lock: Locks or unlocks the used vehicle so any player won't or can enter the driver.
- Name Tags: Shows or conceals the other players' name tag.
- Help Menu: Shows or conceals the key instructions shown above the screen.
- Radios: Mutes or unmutes the radio playing on the vehicle.
- Map Markers: Shows or conceals the little icons showing the location of that place.
- Rewards: Shows the Season rewards information.
- Emotes: Allows the player to perform the selected animation.
Note: This list is incomplete and is not in-depth because this is only a placeholder before an actual Mad City Wiki comes out.
- Superhero Powers
- Hotrod (Super Speed)
- Inferno (Fire Ball)
- Photon (Laser Beam)
- Vanta (Dark Energy)
- Voltron (Electricity)
- Dutchman (Obtainable Through Cursed Chest)
- Bank Vault ($3000)
- Bank ATMs ($200)
- Jewelry Store ($5000)
- Casino Vault ($4000)
- Casino Slot Machines ($250)
- Nightclub ($6000)
- Cargo Ship ($2000)
- Cashiers ($250)
- Jar Tip ($250)
- Safes ($1000)
- Money ($250-$500)
- TVs ($500)
- Jewels ($500)
- Mobile Phone Features
- Spawn Vehicle
- M4DC1TY (gives Black Hex texture for AK-47)
- W33K3NDHYP3 (gives Monochrome texture for Vehicles)
- T4L3N (gives Talon spoiler)
- Day/Night System
Items and Weapons
Note: This list is incomplete.
- Baseball Bat
- M4A1 (Requires SWAT Gamepass)
- RPG (Requires Heavy Weapons Gamepass)
- AWP (Requires Heavy Weapons Gamepass)
- Taser (Exclusive to police)
- Handcuffs (Exclusive to police)
- Ray Gun
- Key Card
- Camaro (Free)
- Boat (Free)
- Helicopter (Free)
- Jetski ($10,000)
- SWAT (SWAT Gamepass)
- Mini (Mini-Cooper) ($25,000)
- ATV ($25,000)
- Dirt Bike ($25,000)
- Phantom (50 Lv. Reward)
- Shelby ($35,000)
- Mustang (Ford Mustang) ($50,000)
- Challenger (Dodge Challenger) ($50,000)
- Plane ($50,000)
- Tracer (Audi R8) ($500,000)
- Inferno (Lamborghini Huracan RWD Spyder) ($500,000)
- Stingray (Chevrolet Corvette Stingray) ($800,000)
- Reaper (100 Lv. Reward)
- Hydro ($500,000)
- Roadster (Tesla Roadster 2020) ($1M)
- Buzzard ($1M)
- GTR (Nissan GTR) ($1M)
- Avenger ($2,5M)
- Thunderbird ($5M)
Note: This list is incomplete.
- Criminal Base
- Heroes Base
- Gun Store
- Gas Station #1
- Gas Station #2
- Cargo Ship
- Abandoned Pirate Ship
- Jewelry Store
- Garage #1
- Garage #2
There will be an NPC on an island next to a crashed pirate ship. A message in a bottle can be found by going around the beaches of the map.
The message in a bottle containing the treasure map seems to be entirely random.
One of the crosses on the map will lead to the real key while the other two is fake. After you get the key, return to the pirate ship to open the Cursed Chest and redeem the Dutchman Power.
Mad City has received significant criticism due to its heavy similarities with Jailbreak, with some users claiming that it is an outright rip of the game.
On the other hand, many well-known users have talked about Mad City, saying that the overall gameplay and map layout is generally much more enjoyable compared to Jailbreak.