In order to be promoted, members have to earn points, called "Honor". Honor can be earned through official events hosted within the group; the more active a member is, the more Honor they will receive. There are requirements and caps for how much Honor is earnable at each type of event, located below.
- | 1 | Citizen - Citizen, not yet an official member of TNI
- | 2 | Enlist - 1 Honor required
- | 3 | Cadet - 10 Honor required
- | T | Trooper - 20 Honor required [Official Soldier]
- | T | Private - 35 Honor required
- | T | Specialist - 60 Honor required
- | T | Corporal - 100 Honor required
- | T | Sergeant - 150 Honor required
- | T | Staff Sergeant - 205 Honor required
- | O | Ensign - 350 Honor required [Sub-Officer]
- '| 'O | Lieutenant - Read officer progression section. [Senior Sub Officer]
- | O | Captain - Read officer progression section. [Officer]
Members are able to join several divisions within TNI. They are able to gain perks at the Border for joining divisions and are able to gain an honourable title. As a division member, they are expected to be active within it and to serve the division’s purpose.
- Military Police - The purpose of this division is to maintain order within the Border and bring justice to any criminals. Military Police will be able to prison or cuff criminals at the city. The military police are also responsible for border patrol and making sure each member is being passed through the city with proper procedure.
- Commandos - This division consists of the most gun-elite members of TNI. This division is very restricted, only the strongest gunfighters are accepted. This division can host raid operations by themselves, and scrimmage against opposing clans.
- Royal Guard - This division primarily serves the High Command as an elite, disciplined, close protection detail. Secondary duties of the Guard include — and are not limited to — high-risk law enforcement, riot control, and intelligence gathering.
- Vanguards - This is an extension of The Nighthawk Imperium. This division is the swordmasters of the clan. Vanguards is a swords class.
- Imperial Peace Corps - A handpicked division who are the best of the best, it's an honour to be in this division. Their duties are classified.
There are three different divisions which will serve different purposes for the Border and City. One is limited to only one unit and cannot join more than one unless granted permission from Administration, or holding the position of Unit Colonel or Admiral+ this is to spread our numbers throughout all units and not limit it down to one.
- Marines - This is a squad/unit. All squads and units will be responsible for launching assaults on other forts, to defend our own fort, and to carry on general clan activities. Each squad will be led by a different leader. Marines are the Assault Class.
- Recon Corps - This is a squad/unit. All squads and units will be responsible for launching assaults on other forts, to defend our own fort, and to carry on general clan activities. Each squad will be led by a different leader. Recon Corps is the Sniper Class.
- Wolfpack - This is a squad/unit. All squads and units will be responsible for launching assaults on other forts, to defend our own fort, and to carry on general clan activities. Each squad will be led by a different leader. Wolfpack is the heavy weapon Class.
To progress from ensign you need to host three events (a minimum of two on Genosis ) once that event verification has been accepted they are to attend an evaluation, these are hosted by the progression department and are expected to pass the evaluation with a score above 80% (every mistake/failure is a 4% deduction.) if you pass the evaluation you submit an application based around the duties and scenarios an officer in the Imperium would face (although lieutenants are not officers they still hold a lot of officer powers.)
To progress from lieutenant to captain you need to host a total of five events, once your event verification is submitted you attend your official evaluation and if you score more than 85% you pass, once you pass your evaluation you submit your captain application, it will then be submitted to a vote for HiCOM (Admiral+) to vote on, once passed you are officially an officer in the Imperium.