FANDOM


  • Anzu-TLK
    Anzu-TLK closed this thread because:
    Agreed with FrostFist; no point trying to convince the inconsiderate.
    19:37, July 28, 2019

    for example if i found a t-shirt that costs 100 robux and i want to capture the picture in the t-shirt and upload it as a t-shirt that costs 50 robux will i get an alert/ban?

      Loading editor
    • It's against the rules, but sadly Roblox doesn't moderate it. But you really shouldn't reupload other people's clothing - it's stealing. For some people, they've put hours into their work; just buy it, or move on. The original likely is not 100 robux, and you're just promoting the theft issue in the first place. Most reasonable creators sell at or near minimum prices.

        Loading editor
    • Roblox is very insensitive to this type of topic. They have no incentive to really moderate clothing theft because there's just too many of them so they just have to let it go. If you don't want to feel guilty for copying clothes, I advise you don't copy at all or you can just copy it for yourself; meaning you upload it to Roblox with the template but not putting it for sale. If Roblox isn't doing anything even though it's against the rules, you may exploit it as you wish, but knowing the creator spent a lot of time creating their clothes you should have some empathy. I also recommend getting the creator's permission if possible through a personal message on any social site. Their response is up to them, but it's totally not okay to copy it even when the creator deliberately refuses.

        Loading editor
    • When I was a lot younger, I used to copy clothing on roblox. I really regret this, but, sadly, during my time as a clothing copier, I didn’t get a warning. If I had gotten a warning, I would have stopped sooner. Sadly, many kids and adults (I know, terrible) are still doing it without getting any punishment WHAT-SO-EVER. I hope Roblox patches the error that allowed me to do it soon.

        Loading editor
    • Since I have BC, I'm copying other players' clothes so I don't have to pay to get them... But I never sell copied clothes because I didn't made them and that would be unfair for the creator(s)

        Loading editor
    • Waluigi68 OP wrote: Since I have BC, I'm copying other players' clothes so I don't have to pay to get them... But I never sell copied clothes because I didn't made them and that would be unfair for the creator(s)

      It's still unfair that you're stealing money from them. If you have BC, you can afford clothes...pay up or don't wear. Don't be scummy, it's disgusting.

        Loading editor
    • Anzu-TLK wrote:

      Waluigi68 OP wrote: Since I have BC, I'm copying other players' clothes so I don't have to pay to get them... But I never sell copied clothes because I didn't made them and that would be unfair for the creator(s)

      It's still unfair that you're stealing money from them. If you have BC, you can afford clothes...pay up or don't wear. Don't be scummy, it's disgusting.

      Dude, we're in 2019 now. It's impossible to find the original creator of clothings.

      If I would purchase clothes now, the robux I would spend on them would go into copyers' pockets, wich are certainly more scummy than me. I'm sure copying clothes with names like "ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE" isn't unfair...

      Don't you agree with me?

        Loading editor
    • Waluigi68 OP wrote:

      Anzu-TLK wrote:

      Waluigi68 OP wrote: Since I have BC, I'm copying other players' clothes so I don't have to pay to get them... But I never sell copied clothes because I didn't made them and that would be unfair for the creator(s)

      It's still unfair that you're stealing money from them. If you have BC, you can afford clothes...pay up or don't wear. Don't be scummy, it's disgusting.

      Dude, we're in 2019 now. It's impossible to find the original creator of clothings.

      If I would purchase clothes now, the robux I would spend on them would go into copyers' pockets, wich are certainly more scummy than me. I'm sure copying clothes with names like "ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE" isn't unfair...

      Don't you agree with me?

      Not at all. If you can't find original clothes, selectively search by original designers. Learn their names, what types of clothing they make, and start searching by their inventories based on what you're looking for. Roblox High School 2 and Royale High have custom original designer featuring programs and feature original clothing for sale in their avatar customization where you can get certified original clothing (or just start learning names to search by).

      Clothing designers like myself put hours of work into a single item sometimes; it's aggravating when people think just because copying is a widespread problem that it's fine if they do it. It is not. You just become even more promoting of the problem. If the catalog is so filled up with spammed stolen clothing, stop encouraging the issue through doing it yourself! If you want it to stop, support original designers, and help them get the idea to Roblox to do something about it. Don't ruin our hard work out of laziness.

      I was working on a document previously documenting a huge list of original designers to support; I feel like I should go back to it sometime, especially if attitudes like this are even more widespread than I thought...

        Loading editor
    • Anzu-TLK wrote:

      Waluigi68 OP wrote:

      Anzu-TLK wrote:

      Waluigi68 OP wrote: Since I have BC, I'm copying other players' clothes so I don't have to pay to get them... But I never sell copied clothes because I didn't made them and that would be unfair for the creator(s)

      It's still unfair that you're stealing money from them. If you have BC, you can afford clothes...pay up or don't wear. Don't be scummy, it's disgusting.
      Dude, we're in 2019 now. It's impossible to find the original creator of clothings.

      If I would purchase clothes now, the robux I would spend on them would go into copyers' pockets, wich are certainly more scummy than me. I'm sure copying clothes with names like "ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE ADIDAS BLUE" isn't unfair...

      Don't you agree with me?

      Not at all. If you can't find original clothes, selectively search by original designers. Learn their names, what types of clothing they make, and start searching by their inventories based on what you're looking for. Roblox High School 2 and Royale High have custom original designer featuring programs and feature original clothing for sale in their avatar customization where you can get certified original clothing (or just start learning names to search by).

      Clothing designers like myself put hours of work into a single item sometimes; it's aggravating when people think just because copying is a widespread problem that it's fine if they do it. It is not. You just become even more promoting of the problem. If the catalog is so filled up with spammed stolen clothing, stop encouraging the issue through doing it yourself! If you want it to stop, support original designers, and help them get the idea to Roblox to do something about it. Don't ruin our hard work out of laziness.

      I was working on a document previously documenting a huge list of original designers to support; I feel like I should go back to it sometime, especially if attitudes like this are even more widespread than I thought...

      Thats a radical solution, the player base doesn't care who gets their five robux. Those custom designers getting their clothes fetured are getting payed, and a decent list of people would take years to accumulate. 

      I see where this rage is coming from..Bias? Getting angry about a lego game? I understand putting hard work out there and it just gets copied but at the end of the day you really care about the 5 robux or  you just dont understand that someone liked your work enough to  put actual effort in to get their hands on it. Its not ruining your work, yout work is still there its still the same, the laziness jab implys that only designers deserver to wear clothes.

      Why dont you share this list if you care so deeply about legos?

        Loading editor
    • We shouldn't argue over this. The original poster's question was answered.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.