The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- January 30 – The ROBLOX domain is purchased.
- April 4 – Roblox as a business is incorporated.
- June 30 – Roblox's "first" user called Admin joins Roblox. He was later banned and moved to ID 18, most likely to test the bans. During the March 18th, 2017 ROBLOX Controversy his place got more than 13K place visits before being put under review for unknown reasons.
- June 30 – The qa account is created.
- July 1 – David.Baszucki creates his account.
- July 2 – Erik.Cassel creates his account.
- July 7 - Toolbox's account is created and was used to test the toolbox models.
- July 23 - The first non-admin "greg" is created. The other one joined in September and his name is Rich. The accounts were created even though most accounts in 2004 and 2005 were owned by admins because these accounts are relatives to David.Baszucki.
- July 31 – david.baszucki creates a game called "Spasmotron2 vs. Wimpotron2".
- Sometime in September – Roblox enters Alpha mode.
- November 5 – david.baszucki makes the "child on skateboard" model.
- Unknown date – Controllers are added, which was an important feature used for minigames before removal in May 2009.
- January – ROBLOX has a overhaul.
- February 11 – Roblox's alpha testing ends, and beta testing begins.
- May 11 – The first Roblox patent claim is filed.
- May 22 - The user ROBLOX joins and the ID will soon be number 1 that was the ID for Admin.
- June 6 – The "Steer the Spheres" contest begins.
- June 24 – Roblox is re-released to the public. Unlike Roblox's games, they had minigames, where Robloxians can earn points from.
- June 25 – Roblox's first official accounts, John Doe and Jane Doe, are created.
- A person working for Brown University creates levels, one being steer the spheres.
- February 27 – Minigames are removed from the site. Also, all users that joined before this date have this join date due to a bug in the Roblox Client.
- March 8 - david.baszucki creates the Builderman account. It was used to message every new player that joins ROBLOX.
- March 29 – The starter place which name used to be "room_environment_blue" is changed to "(Player Name)'s Place". The first user to receive this new place name is disenman.
- April 6 – ROBLOX is finished with beta testing and now available to everyone. On that same date, the website and logo changes and you can finally control your own character instead of the character on the models. However, the official release is not until September 1.
- June 5 - An early version of multiplayer is released, but is only available to official ROBLOX games.
- June 21 – Telamon (now known as Shedletsky) joins ROBLOX.
- July -- Jumping is added.
- July 22 -- John Shedletsky makes the very first private ROBLOX video, demonstrating the bomb item.
- August 8 – Roblox begins to use hosted servers.
- September 1 – The Platform is officially released. ROBLOX intentionally releases with no player animations, as a way of preparing for user feedback when animations are implemented.
- Around fall –
- September 28 – Games go multiplayer, and friends and private messaging are added.
- October 25 – Search features for Places, People, and Models are added.
- October 27 – The first Roblox video on YouTube is uploaded, the video is called Chaos Canyon Firefight and was uploaded by Shedletsky.
- November 6 – Places can now be set as "Friends Only" or "Public".
- December 1 – Crossroads is released.
- December 6 – The Roblox Blog is created, as a permanent home from the former forum posts in the Release Notes subforum. The first post starts with a line from the Chronicles of ROBLOX.
- December 11 – ROBLOX reaches 10,000 registered users.
- December 21 – Santa's Winter Stronghold is revealed.
- December 22 – ROBLOX Badges first appear.
- ↑ Who.is. ROBLOX domain history. Retrieved from https://who.is/whois/roblox.com
- ↑ https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-mateo/profile/online-gaming/roblox-corporation-1116-316031/details
- ↑ "Online building toy".
- ↑ http://cs.brown.edu/~morgan/games/
- ↑ https://archive.froast.io/forum/161
- ↑ https://archive.froast.io/forum/278
- ↑ https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313370-Roblox-Company-Information
- ↑ When the Platform is Your Product, timestamp - 39:22-40:55. Talk given by David Baszucki on April 16, 2018, at eCorner, Stanford University. Season 13, Episode 17 of Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders.
- ↑ https://archive.froast.io/forum/3402
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKtILIu6ak
- ↑ https://archive.froast.io/forum/10810
- ↑ https://blog.roblox.com/2006/12/welcome/
- ↑ https://blog.roblox.com/2006/12/now-we-are-10000/
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.