The trade system is a Premium feature that allows users to trade accessories, gears, and faces. It was released in the summer of 2012. The trade system was used and discussed in the now deleted Let's Make a Deal subforum. Several places have been created were players are encouraged to use the trading system, the most notable being the Trade Hangout game.
Value is an appraisal of how much an item is worth, either determined by previous transactions, or its Recent Average Price.
- Accept: Clicking this button will redirect a user to a screen that asks if they want to complete the trade, clicking "Yes" this will give them the items that they will receive and the items will go to the requester. It will also be archived into your completed trades.
- Counter: Clicking this button will redirect you to the trade window, countering there trade partner's request will replace the trade and leave the requester a trade inbound, it is useful to change the circumstances to even the trade.
- Decline: Clicking this button will redirect a user to a message that asks if they want to reject the trade, clicking "Yes" will archive the trade into a users Inactive trades.
There is also the ability to add Robux to a trade, which can be added at the bottom of the trading display. Anyone can add the number of Robux depending on how much each user has. The amount of Robux sent in a trade post-transaction fee's may not be more than 50% of the RAP of included items. There is also a 30% fee that will take away 3/10th of the original price which has that 30% of the Robux going directly to Roblox.
- Ever since the Trading System came out, many items in the avatar shop and games on the Discover page are frequently flooded with messages asking them to trade, but this has gone inactive due to the removal of comments.
- The Trade System was one of the most requested features by users before it came out.
- If at least one of the users have no limited items, their privacy settings set disable trading, or doesn't hold a Premium membership, a trade cannot be done.
- In 2021 Two Step Verification was added on to trades; this was likely done due to the high amount of scams of compromised accounts resulting in stolen limiteds and Robux.