You can use this talk page to contact me. However, if you wish to discuss an issue that relates to the wiki as a whole, please do so on the wiki discussion board.
Edited repost of last message which got lost when we switched talk pages to message walls:
Next: like the last bot request (which is now lost), I will ask this be forwarded this to Fandom staff: I was thinking of running my bot (User:0Michael105's bot) on the wiki if it gets a bot flag mainly for typo fixes. JoePlay ran his bot (User:JoeBot) a few times in the past for typo fixes as Thunder had requested, but no longer works at Fandom, and no longer handles bot requests.
- I forwarded the request. Mark Otaris (talk) 19:01, August 21, 2020 (UTC)
Message from RealKnockout
- Note: Please give your conversation a heading!
Hello, I was blocked from the Roblox Wiki and discord about 1 year ago for being underage. I am unblocked from the wiki now because I am now 13+. Can you please unblock me from the Discord as well? I am RealKnockout#1338 on Discord. Thank you. If you require proof that I am 13+, I will be happy to give it. Thank you. ~RealKnockout [ Wall • Contribs ] 15:31, October 06, 2020 (UTC) 15:31, October 6, 2020 (UTC)
✓ Done. Mark Otaris (talk) 02:26, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
The wiki has migrated to UCP today, and some templates, CSS, and possibly modules are now broken. Karasuneth and I would like you to come onto the staff chat in our Discord server when you have time so we can privately discuss the migration, and to look around for what has been broken.
Template from FrostCyberDominus
Hey Mark, I was wondering if you can add my wiki to robloxs template page my wiki link is: https://field-trip-z-ftz.fandom.com/wiki/Field_Trip_Z_Wiki. Pls consider doing so.
- You can see the documentation of the template at w:Template:RobloxWikis/doc. Mark Otaris (talk) 21:06, 7 October 2020 (UTC)
Dear Mark, I've already seen the template page doc I just don't know how to put my wiki in there.
Question for you guys
- The articles are created by editors when new items are released, usually manually. There also used to be a bot to aid in creating them. Mark Otaris (talk) 07:29, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
PineappleSnackz 17:27, 25 December 2020 (UTC)
- Fixed it. — Mark Otaris (talk) 23:01, 28 December 2020 (UTC)
Deletion of legacy article comments and forum threads
Hi, Mark. The conversion from the legacy Fandom platform to UCP left behind thousands upon thousands of inaccessible article comment and forum subpages. UCP's discussions framework does not rely on these subpages anymore, and all legacy article comments were already converted to the new framework and would appear if we were to turn article comments on.
Examples of what I am talking about:
- Special:Badtitle/NS2001:Off Topic/@comment-31851867-20170531223056/@comment-34205276-20180711203938 (it is a redlink but it exists still)
Even though these subpages are no longer used internally and cannot be accessed, they are still getting in the way of many maintenance tasks, such as cleaning up unused files. There are likely thousands of images uploaded to the wiki that are used exclusively on these subpages, but they do not appear in Special:UnusedFiles because they are technically still used in a page. So, deleting all of these subpages would allow for easier file maintenance, among other benefits.
I would like to get your input on whether or not we should delete these pages. I would be happy to run an automated task to do this, but it would also require that my bot receives temporary content moderator rights. I am also awaiting the input from a few other administrators, but I do not see any outstanding issue with my proposal so I expect they will agree.
- I agree we don't need subpages and stuff from obsolete namespaces sitting around. I added content moderator rights to User:Joritochip's Bot. — Mark Otaris (talk) 21:03, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
- ✓ Done The automated task to delete these subpages has finished, and the wiki now has almost 140,000 fewer pages! Unfortunately, I was unable to delete the subpages of Special:Badtitle (aka all of the legacy forum threads) as I received an error whenever I tried to delete them. However, the pages I could delete are now gone and will make file maintenance much easier!
- Fandom automatically redirects users who visit these legacy subpages to their new Discussions counterparts. Interestingly enough, in my testing I discovered that these redirects were broken for Message Wall-related subpages that were deleted, but that article comment-related subpages still redirect despite being deleted. These redirects being broken may be a slight inconvenience if we were to re-enable message walls at some point, but because we have no plans to currently I am not worried (also these posts can still be retrieved and restored by wiki staff through Special:Undelete).
Re-enabling the Discussions forums
Hi Mark. The staff team has been discussing re-opening the wiki's discussions page inside of the
#wiki-staff channel on Discord. Because we are not sure how often you check the wiki compared to Discord, I figured I would leave a message here to get your input also.
Our current plan is that we would have the discussions page re-enabled, but leave talk pages intact for management purposes. Because discussions does not come with auto moderation or filtering capabilities, we have arranged for someone to run a bot that can remove posts that contain inappropriate content should we decide to re-enable the discussions page. Additionally, we think it would be appropriate to keep wiki management and other wiki editing categories on Forum:Index active and keep the discussions page as more of a community social page, as we all seem to agree that the talk page format tends to work better for management related topics.
Feel free to leave any thoughts you have on the matter here or in the staff channel on Discord, as we intend on elevating the proposal to our editors channel if we have consensus amongst the staff.
Missing template data for infobox group
Template:Infobox group/doc currently has no template data, and since it's quite a popular infobox I think it would be great if it was added to this template. PineappleSnackz (talk) 16:53, 16 May 2021 (UTC)
- Added. — Mark Otaris (talk) 21:45, 17 May 2021 (UTC)