Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience is a Roblox event which is sponsored by the upcoming film Wonder Woman 1984 which is set to release in October 2020. The event began on June 25, 2020 after being announced in a blog post and will end on an undisclosed date. Soon after the blog post was published, the event's own page went up at roblox.com/sponsored/wonderwoman. A part of the blog post claims that the event will be a "permanent addition" to Roblox, which means that it will likely not end soon. An individual game was created for this game which resembles many locations from the Wonder Woman series. The objective for the game is to explore the large world in-game and complete quests the character gives to the player for Gold Coins. They can also be purchased with Robux. Gold Coins can then be used to purchase five actual avatar shop items from the in-game item stores. Three avatar shop items could have initially been purchased using Robux, but on July 3, 2020, they were updated to be able to be purchased for Gold Coins. Roblox has confirmed more event items are coming soon. On July 13, 2020, an official launch trailer was published to the official Roblox YouTube channel, although a completely different one was posted in the event's announcement blog post beforehand.
|Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience||WorkingGameDC|
Avatar Shop items
Note: Gold Coins are an in-game currency.
|Wonder Woman Shorts||50 Gold Coins||50 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Cloak||150 Gold Coins||150 Gold Coins|
|Golden Axe||500 Gold Coins||500 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Shield||500 Gold Coins||300 Robux|
|Wonder Woman's Tiara and Hair||500 Gold Coins||200 Robux|
|Wonder Woman's Hair||500 Gold Coins||500 Gold Coins|
|Lasso of Truth||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Silver Armor||2,000 Gold Coins||2,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Classic Armor||2,000 Gold Coins||500 Robux|
|Royal Tiara||2,000 Gold Coins||2,000 Gold Coins|
|Bracelets of Victory||3,500 Gold Coins||3,500 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Armor||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Sword of Hephaestus||1,000 Robux||1,000 Robux|
|Diana's Ponytail||4,000 Gold Coins||4,000 Gold Coins|
|Themysciran Armor||This golden plate shields the brave and fierce warriors of Themyscira. This item can only be obtained from one of the shops in DC’s Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience: https://rblx.co/dcwonderwoman|
|Wonder Woman's Armored Skirt||These polished plates give Wonder Woman the mobility and protection she needs to battle enemies of peace. This item can only be obtained from one of the shops in DC’s Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience: https://rblx.co/dcwonderwoman|
|Wonder Woman's Sword & Shield||A powerful combination fit for the Champion of Truth and Warrior for Peace. This item can only be obtained from one of the shops in DC’s Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience: https://rblx.co/dcwonderwoman|
|50 Gold Coins||25 Robux|
|200 Gold Coins||100 Robux|
|1,000 Gold Coins||650 Robux|
|5,000 Gold Coins||1,400 Robux|
|10,000 Gold Coins||3,000 Robux|
|50 Gold Coins||2 Gold Coins per Robuk|
|200 Gold Coins||2 Gold Coins per Robuk|
|1,000 Gold Coins||1.54 Gold Coins per Robuk|
|5,000 Gold Coins||3.57 Gold Coins per Robuk|
|10,000 Gold Coins||3.33 Gold Coins per Robuk|
On June 25, 2020, the event game went public and the event officially began after a Roblox blog post was created regarding it.
On July 3, 2020, the event game received more updates. In-game graphics were improved, which causes the game to have more lag for many users. All of the items which could have been purchased for Robux were changed to be purchasable with Gold Coins, which was praised by players as items having to be purchased with Robux caused a lot of backlash and criticism (see the Criticism section). The Corrupted Rats mission was buffed to make auto-farming using an exploit harder and in general farming harder, as the spawn rates of the rats have significantly decreased. Now, the player has to talk to Aella to repeat the quest instead of both Aella and Artemis. The Quests GUI no longer shows completed quests. A sword icon also shows on the left if the player has completed the "Get Sword" quest.
On July 15, 2020, the event game was once again updated, this time introducing two new, repeatable quest involving mining ores in the Armory and another involving jumping in the ocean and finding pearls, and making certain items exclusive to certain shops. After this update, the Golden Axe, Lasso of Truth, and Diana's Hair accessories could only be purchased in the Armory; at the Oracle's temple shop, the player can purchase Silver Tiara Hair, Diana's Cloak, and the new Wonder Woman's Hair; and at the spawn shop, the player can purchase the Wonder Woman Shorts, the Wonder Woman Armor Silver, the Wonder Woman Armor Classic, and the new Wonder Woman Tiara and Wonder Woman Bracelets. Additionally, the UI was adjusted so that the icons for the "Get Sword" quest and the new "Get Pickaxe" quest were moved to the bottom of the screen, whereas before they were on the left side of the player's screen.
On August 3, 2020, the event game had its third update, introducing two new, repeatable quests involving digging holes and hunting eels with a spear. Additionally, three new items – the Wonder Woman's Armor Advanced, Diana's Ponytail, and the God Killer Sword. New animations for killing rats, rat deaths, mining ore, and other quests were introduced, which made the game look visually pleasing. However, the developers buffed the health of the ores and rats, requiring the player to use their quest-specific tool four times to collect one resource, making the repeatable quests take much more time to complete.
|Amazon Warrior Camp||Find The Amazon Warrior Camp||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Main Temple||Enter The Council Temple||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Hidden Beach||Find the Secret Beach||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Mountain Top||Climb Themyscira's Highest peak||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Sail The Seas||Complete a boat ride||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Top of The World||Reach the highest point in Themyscira||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Waterfall Jump||Leap from the highest waterfall||Talking to Mnemosyne||No||50 Gold Coins|
|Go Camping||Light fire, sit on the log, sleep in the tent||Talking to Euboea||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Break This Wall||Destroy the rock wall||Talking to Amazon Guard||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Lost Amulet||Find the Lost Amulet||Talking to Menalippe||No||100 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Armory||Walk to the Armory in the Forge of Hephaestus||Going into the Armory||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Get Sword|| - Find the Amazon Metal Master Lo
- Find 5 metal ignots
- Take the ingots back to Artemis
|Talking to Artemis||No||Step 1: 20 Gold Coins
|Corrupted Rats|| - Find the warrior Aella
- Kill 5 Corrupted Rats
- Kill 10 Corrupted Rats
- Kill 25 Corrupted Rats
|Talking to Artemis||Yes||Step 1: 20 Gold Coins
|Open Portal Armory||Enter the portal||Talking to Timandra||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Play Amazon Beach Game||Find the golden ball and kick it ten times||Talking to Epione||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Oracle's Temple||Walk to the Oracle's Tower||Going into the Oracle's Tower||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Open Portal Oracle||Enter the portal||Talking to Philippus||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Open the Secret Door||Unlock the secret door||Talking to Amazon Guard||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Lost McGuffin||Collect the Magic Mcguffin||Talking to Callineira||No||100 Gold Coins|
|Kill more Corrupted Rats||Kill 25 Corrupted Rats||Talking to Aella||Yes||100 Gold Coins|
|Pearls Of Atlantis||
- Collect 5 Pearls
- Collect 10 Pearls
- Collect 25 Pearls
|Talking to Acantha||Yes (only part 3)||
- Talk to Callineira
- Collect pickaxe handle and top
- Talk to Timandra
|Talking to Timandra||No||
|Gems of Themyscira||
- Talk to Eoboea
- Mine 5 gems
- Mine 10 gems
- Mine 25 gems
Talking to Eoboea
(Finishing part 3 of the Get Pickaxe quest)
|Yes (only part 4)||
This section is for badges associated with the game which are not yet unobtainable.
|Wonder Woman Armor Advanced||Unlock this badge in game to receive an item for your Roblox avatar that you can take anywhere!|
|Upcoming Item - 4||No description available.|
|Diana Ponytail||Unlock this badge in game to receive an item for your Roblox avatar that you can take anywhere!|
|Upcoming Item - 6||No description available.|
|God Killer Sword||Unlock this badge in game to receive an item for your Roblox avatar that you can take anywhere!.|
|Upcoming Item - 9||No description available.|
This event was initially criticized for offering paid (Robux) prizes. It has been criticized for only having one repeatable quest. The rest can be completed and redeemed for Gold Coins in-game one time, but the Corrupted Rats quest is the only one which is able to be repeated. It has also been criticized for having a large map and many missions to complete. Overall, many players have found the event very time-consuming. Some players report that the game crashes on lower-ended devices. The game was also not available on mobile devices, however this has changed. Some quests may lead to be unbeatable due to a glitch such as the cave quest where the player has to break the walls. After throwing the cubes at the wall they would break and the cube thrown would despawn. However, missing a shot would lead it to despawn leading the quest unable to be beaten. There is another glitch where the player can not jump when attempting to complete the Corrupted Rats quest. If the player resets their character, they may sometimes have the sword and pickaxe GUI removed.
On July 3, 2020, the three items that were only purchasable with Robux were updated to become purchasable for coins. Despite this, there has been some criticism on Roblox's part for not refunding users Robux or Gold Coins who originally purchased the items during the time they were available for Robux. Many players found this change to make the event more time consuming because the rats started spawning at a lower rate, which was said to increase the difficulty. Many players may find servers full of players also trying to do the rat quest, making it more time consuming.
The following can be considered errors having to do with the event's game:
- Numerous badge names are inconsistent with the awarded item's actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Classic Armor is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Armor Classic instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Silver Armor is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Armor Silver instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Shorts is inconsistently named Wonder Short Shorts instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Tiara and Hair is inconsistently named Silver Tiara Hair instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Shield is inconsistently named Amazon Shield instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Cloak is inconsistently named Diana's Cloak instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Royal Tiara is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Tiara instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Bracelets of Victory is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Bracelets instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Hair is inconsistently named Wonder Woman's Hair instead of its actual name.
- Numerous quests are listed as incorrect values of Gold Coins in character dialogues. The most likely explanation for this is that since the first quest the player gets from a character in-game is the "Waterfall Jump" quest is correctly valued at 50 Gold Coins both in the Quests tab and in character dialogue, they could have copy and pasted the same text over for most of the other character dialogues without realizing that it still said the reward was 50 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Euboea to receive the "Go Camping" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being only 20 Gold Coins.
- When talking to the Amazon Guard to receive the "Break This Wall" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being only 20 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Menalippe to receive the "Lost Amulet" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being 100 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Artemis to receive the "Corrupted Rats" quest, under the rewards, Step 1 is listed twice (second listing is under Step 3).
- If a player is sprinting while pressing F at the item store to look at the items, the game keeps the player's running animation on the store's preview of their avatar.
- The in-game tools (sword and pickaxe) icons may have overlapping text if the player hovers over both at around the same time.
TriviaThis section is a trivia section. Please relocate any relevant information into other sections of the article.
- Unlike previous events, when a badge is awarded in-game, it does not say "...AND the [avatar shop item]".
- Completing all quests (not including repeating of the Corrupted Rats quest) gives the player exactly 650 Gold Coins.
- Purchasing all prizes which can be purchased with Gold Coins requires exactly 6,700 Gold Coins.
- Formerly, purchasing all prizes which could have been purchased with Robux required exactly 1,000 Robux.
- The Main Temple plays a video promoting the Wonder Woman 1984 film in-game using the same feature which was used to play the 7th Annual Bloxy Awards in-game.
- In-game, the player can use the Shift key on their keyboard (PC only) to sprint.
- A common misconception is that this is the first event to feature paid prizes, however this actually isn't the case.
- This is the third DC Comics related event. The first being Teen Titans Go!, and the second being Aquaman.
- A user created an exploit to automatically repeat the Corrupted Rats quest within hours of the event releasing.
- This bundled with the fact that there is no limit to how many Gold Coins a user can have made this worse – exploiters can easily receive thousands and thousands of Gold Coins over time, even tens of thousands if they wanted, by simply using a script.
- An update on July 3, 2020 has made using this auto-farm script take much longer due to quests being switched around.
- The game for the event has PC, mobile, and console support.