Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience is a Roblox event which is sponsored by the film Wonder Woman 1984, released on December 25, 2020. The event began on June 25, 2020, after being announced in a blog post. Soon after the blog post was published, the event's own page went up at roblox.com/sponsored/wonderwoman. A part of the blog post claims that the event will be a "permanent addition" to Roblox, which means the game will still be updated.
An individual game was created for this game which resembles many locations from the Wonder Woman series. The objective for the game is to explore the large Themysciran world in-game and complete quests the character gives to the player for Gold Coins. They can also be purchased with Robux. Gold Coins can then be used to purchase twenty-nine actual avatar shop items from the three in-game item stores. Three avatar shop items could have initially been purchased using Robux, but on July 3, 2020, they were updated to be able to be purchased for Gold Coins. Two avatar shop items can be bought with Robux. Roblox has confirmed more event items are coming soon. On July 13, 2020, an official launch trailer was published to the official Roblox YouTube channel, although a completely different one was posted in the event's announcement blog post beforehand.
|Wonder Woman: The Themyscira Experience||WorkingGameDC|
Avatar Shop items
Note: Gold Coins are an in-game currency.
|Name||Image||Price||Initial price||Primary Price|
|Wonder Woman Shorts - Wonder Woman||100 Gold Coins||50 Gold Coins||50 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Cloak - Wonder Woman||2,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||150 Gold Coins||150 Gold Coins|
|Golden Axe - Wonder Woman||8,000 Gold Coins or 250 Robux||500 Gold Coins||500 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Shield - Wonder Woman||8,000 Gold Coins or 150 Robux||500 Gold Coins||300 Robux|
|Wonder Woman's Tiara and Hair - Wonder Woman||6,000 Gold Coins 150 Robux||500 Gold Coins||200 Robux|
|Wonder Woman's Hair - Wonder Woman||4,000 Gold Coins or 90 Robux||500 Gold Coins||500 Gold Coins|
|Lasso of Truth - Wonder Woman||8,000 Gold Coins or 200 Robux||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Silver Armor - Wonder Woman||4,000 Gold Coins or 175 Robux||2,000 Gold Coins||2,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Classic Armor - Wonder Woman||3,000 Gold Coins or 150 Robux||2,000 Gold Coins||500 Robux|
|Royal Tiara - Wonder Woman||6,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||2,000 Gold Coins||2,000 Gold Coins|
|Bracelets of Victory||2,000 Gold Coins||3,500 Gold Coins||3,500 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Armor - Wonder Woman||5,000 Gold Coins or 200 Robux||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Sword of Hephaestus||175 Robux||1,000 Robux||1,000 Robux|
|Diana's Ponytail - Wonder Woman||6,000 Gold Coins or 90 Robux||4,000 Gold Coins||4,000 Gold Coins|
|Themyscircan Armor - Wonder Woman||4,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||4,000 Gold Coins||4,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Armored Skirt||5,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Sword & Shield - Wonder Woman||10,000 Gold Coins or 200 Robux||10,000 Gold Coins or 2,000 Robux||10,000 Gold Coins or 2,000 Robux|
|Barbara Minerva's Shirt||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins|
|Barbara Minerva's Pants||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins|
|Steve Trevor's Tracksuit||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins|
|Steve Trevor's Track Pants||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins||100 Gold Coins|
|1984 Fanny Pack - Wonder Woman||1,000 Gold Coins or 75 Robux||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|1984 Sunglasses - Wonder Woman||2,000 Gold Coins or 75 Robux||2,000 Gold Coins||2,000 Gold Coins|
|Purrfect Necklace - Wonder Woman||1,000 Gold Coins or 85 Robux||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|Barbara Minerva's Jacket - Wonder Woman||5,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Savannah Cat Head - Wonder Woman||5,000 Gold Coins or 300 Robux||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Shoulder Stalker - Wonder Woman||5,000 Gold Coins or 300 Robux||5,000 Gold Coins||5,000 Gold Coins|
|Savannah Cat Tail - Wonder Woman||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|Savannah Cat Ear Headband - Wonder Woman||1,000 Gold Coins or 100 Robux||1,000 Gold Coins||1,000 Gold Coins|
|Wonder Woman's Golden Armor||10,000 Gold Coins||10,000 Gold Coins||10,000 Gold Coins|
|50 Gold Coins||25 Robux|
|200 Gold Coins||100 Robux|
|1,000 Gold Coins||650 Robux|
|5,000 Gold Coins||1,400 Robux|
|10,000 Gold Coins||3,000 Robux|
|50 Gold Coins||2 Gold Coins per Robux|
|200 Gold Coins||2 Gold Coins per Robux|
|1,000 Gold Coins||1.54 Gold Coins per Robux|
|5,000 Gold Coins||3.57 Gold Coins per Robux|
|10,000 Gold Coins||3.33 Gold Coins per Robux|
On June 25, 2020, the event game went public and the event officially began after a Roblox blog post was created regarding it.
On July 3, 2020, the event game received more updates. In-game graphics were improved, which causes the game to have more lag for many users. All of the items which could have been purchased for Robux were changed to be purchasable with Gold Coins, which was praised by players as items having to be purchased with Robux caused a lot of backlash and criticism (see the Criticism section). The Corrupted Rats mission was buffed to make auto-farming using an exploit harder and in general farming harder, as the spawn rates of the rats have significantly decreased. Now, the player has to talk to Aella to repeat the quest instead of both Aella and Artemis. The Quests GUI no longer shows completed quests. A sword icon also shows on the left if the player has completed the "Get Sword" quest.
On July 15, 2020, the event game was once again updated, this time introducing two new, repeatable quest involving mining ores in the Armory and another involving jumping in the ocean and finding pearls, and making certain items exclusive to certain shops. After this update, the Golden Axe, Lasso of Truth, and Diana's Hair accessories could only be purchased in the Armory; at the Oracle's temple shop, the player can purchase Silver Tiara Hair, Diana's Cloak, and the new Wonder Woman's Hair; and at the spawn shop, the player can purchase the Wonder Woman Shorts, the Wonder Woman Armor Silver, the Wonder Woman Armor Classic, and the new Wonder Woman Tiara and Wonder Woman Bracelets. Additionally, the UI was adjusted so that the icons for the "Get Sword" quest and the new "Get Pickaxe" quest were moved to the bottom of the screen, whereas before they were on the left side of the player's screen.
On August 3, 2020, the event game had its third update, introducing two new, repeatable quests involving digging holes and hunting eels with a spear. Additionally, three new items were introduced: Wonder Woman's Armor Advanced, Diana's Ponytail, and the God Killer Sword. New animations for killing rats, rat deaths, mining ore, and other quests were introduced, which made the game look visually pleasing. However, the developers buffed the health of the ores and rats, requiring the player to use their quest-specific tool four times to collect one resource, making the repeatable quests take much more time to complete.
On August 20, 2020, the event game had its fourth update, introducing a new repeatable quest invoving defeating Lava Monsters in the underworld. Additionally, three new items were introduced: Diana's Amazon Top, the Sword and Shield Combo, and Wonder Woman's Armor Skirt. New quests were introduced that allowed players to upgrade their pickaxe and sword, allowing them to fight the Lava Monsters and mine the massive gemstones found around the overworld map. Instead of doing only one damage per swing, upgraded pickaxes and swords would deal two damage points per swing. Despite the newly introduced tool upgrades and quests, it was not enough to sway players away from grinding for gold coins using the Find Buried Treasure quest, which rewarded 1,000 Gold Coins per every 10 treasure chests unearthed.
On August 22, 2020, the event game was given a small update that replaced the video normally found in the spawn area with a new trailer that Warner Bros. Pictures released the same day. No other changes were made to any of the quests or in-game objects, but a few of the problems involving some NPCs and the vine climbing section of the map were fixed, and the shops in the spawn building and the Oracle's Temple were each given one new slot, hinting that more items could be releasing soon. Although this update added nothing major, the game's player count spiked to over 2,000 players after its release and stayed around these numbers for a consider amount of time. This is likely because Roblox made a tweet , YouTube video, and event page about the new trailer, which made players join the game and realize that new accessories they had not yet collected were added to the game in previous updates, causing them to stay an extended amount of time to collect these accessories. Although the promotional content released for this update effectively caused the player count to increase significantly, the player count was back down to around 700 players after 28 hours. A month after this update released, the game's active player count greatly reduced to around 60 players, which is the result of a lack of updates or any new promotional content for the movie.
On December 8, 2020, the game's description was updated to include the release date of Wonder Woman 1984 and added seven more placeholder badges. This once again sparked interest in the game and event, causing the concurrent player count to go from around 50 players to over 200 players. Additionally, twelve accessories were uploaded to the avatar shop. An update releasing these items launched the same day, causing the player count to increase to over 11,000 players. This number would decrease to less than 2,000 players after a week. Two additional quest types were added in this update: the Bunker Fight and the Obstacle Course. Although the developers released the bunker quest in this update, nobody has discovered its location yet, leading many to believe the developers either forgot to include it or will include it in the next (and presumably final) update. Despite the new quests, the treasure quest still remained the most viable option for quick coins. The game's approval rating decreased from 55% to 49% following the release of this update, likely because some players found gathering coins to unlock the game's free prizes too tedious.
On December 17, 2020, the game updated to add a mini-game portal to the Food Fight challenge and added the item Wonder Woman’s Golden Armor to the starter shop. In Food Fight, players spawn in the lobby of a mall from the 1980's and are divided into two teams, the Baddies and the Heroes. Team members must then collect as much food as they can around the map, throwing it at players on the opposing team. Each food does a varying amount of damage, depending on the size of the dish. For example, a sushi roll will a small amount of damage, while a multi-layered chocolate cake will nearly kill a player. Killing a player gives a point to the respective team of the killer, and the team with the most points at the end of three minutes wins the round. This update caused the concurrent player count to increase from around 1,200 players to over 3,000 players.
On December 24, 2020, the game updated to add a mini-game portal to the Max Lord Chase challenge. In the Max Lord Chase, players jump between a caravan of trucks to reach Max Lord, avoiding obstacles along the way. In addition, the trucks that players jump between move from side to side, providing additional challenge to the players. There are a system of checkpoints along the way, easing the difficulty set by the obstacles. Although players are divided into two teams, only one person can reach Max Lord and "win" per round. Once someone reaches Max Lord, all other players lose the round. This update did not release any new collectible items.
On December 25, 2020, the Wonder Woman 1984 movie released in theaters and on HBO Max.
On December 31, 2020, the game updated to add a mini-game portal to the Cheetah Showdown challenge. In the Cheetah Showdown, players must throw projectiles at Cheetah in order to damage her. In the first and second round, Cheetah has six health points, or three hearts; in the final round, Cheetah has five hearts. Although Cheetah completely heals in between rounds, the player does not and will suffer from all damage taken across the three rounds. Throwing a stone projectile at her will do one HP in damage. Defeating her in three rounds makes you the victor. At the same time, you must use Wonder Woman's gauntlets (activated by pressing the space bar on desktop devices) to parry Cheetah's attacks. This update did not release any new collectible items.
|Amazon Warrior Camp||Find The Amazon Warrior Camp||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Main Temple||Enter The Council Temple||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Hidden Beach||Find the Secret Beach||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Mountain Top||Climb Themyscira's Highest peak||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Sail The Seas||Complete a boat ride||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Top of The World||Reach the highest point in Themyscira||Joining the game||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Waterfall Jump||Leap from the highest waterfall||Talking to Mnemosyne||No||50 Gold Coins|
|Go Camping||Light fire, sit on the log, sleep in the tent||Talking to Euboea||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Break This Wall||Destroy the rock wall||Talking to Amazon Guard||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Lost Amulet||Find the Lost Amulet||Talking to Menalippe||No||100 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Armory||Walk to the Armory in the Forge of Hephaestus||Going into the Armory||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Get Sword||- Find the Amazon Metal Master Lo
- Find 5 metal ignots
- Take the ingots back to Artemis
|Talking to Artemis||No||Step 1: 20 Gold Coins
|Corrupted Rats||- Find the warrior Aella
- Kill 5 Corrupted Rats
- Kill 10 Corrupted Rats
- Kill 25 Corrupted Rats
|Talking to Artemis||Yes||Step 1: 20 Gold Coins
|Open Portal Armory||Enter the portal||Talking to Timandra||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Play Amazon Beach Game||Find the golden ball and kick it ten times||Talking to Epione||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Discover The Oracle's Temple||Walk to the Oracle's Tower||Going into the Oracle's Tower||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Open Portal Oracle||Enter the portal||Talking to Philippus||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Open the Secret Door||Unlock the secret door||Talking to Amazon Guard||No||20 Gold Coins|
|Lost McGuffin||Collect the Magic Mcguffin||Talking to Callineira||No||100 Gold Coins|
|Kill more Corrupted Rats||Kill 25 Corrupted Rats||Talking to Aella||Yes||100 Gold Coins|
|Pearls Of Atlantis||
- Collect 5 Pearls
- Collect 10 Pearls
- Collect 25 Pearls
|Talking to Acantha||Yes (only part 3)||
- Talk to Callineira
- Collect pickaxe handle and top
- Talk to Timandra
|Talking to Timandra||No||
|Gems of Themyscira||
- Talk to Eoboea
- Mine 5 gems
- Mine 10 gems
- Mine 25 gems
Talking to Eoboea
(Finishing part 3 of the Get Pickaxe quest)
|Yes (only part 4)||
|Open The Amazon Obstacle Portal||Talking to Xira||No||10 Gold Coins|
|Open The Food Fight Portal||Talking to Trina||No||10 Gold Coins|
There are many quests scattered around the world, although if you want coins, Lost treasures quest would be your best bet. (1000 gold for completng the quest, and repeatable)
This event was initially criticized for offering paid (Robux) prizes. It has been criticized for only having one repeatable quest. The rest can be completed and redeemed for Gold Coins in-game one time, but the Corrupted Rats quest is the only one which is able to be repeated. It has also been criticized for having a large map and many missions to complete. Overall, many players have found the event very time-consuming. Some players report that the game crashes on lower-ended devices. The game was also not available on mobile devices, however this has changed. Some quests may lead to be unbeatable due to a glitch such as the cave quest where the player has to break the walls. After throwing the cubes at the wall they would break and the cube thrown would despawn. However, missing a shot would lead it to despawn leading the quest unable to be beaten. There is another glitch where the player can not jump when attempting to complete the Corrupted Rats quest. If the player resets their character, they may sometimes have the sword and pickaxe GUI removed.
On July 3, 2020, the three items that were only purchasable with Robux were updated to become purchasable for coins. Despite this, there has been some criticism on Roblox's part for not refunding users Robux or Gold Coins who originally purchased the items during the time they were available for Robux. Many players found this change to make the event more time-consuming because the rats started spawning at a lower rate, which was said to increase the difficulty. Many players may find servers full of players also trying to do the rat quest, making it more time-consuming.
On December 8, 2020, a new Amazon Obby was added to the game as part of a new quest type. Many players complained that this obby was too difficult to complete, causing players to give up on early sections of the obstacle course. Additional players highlighted how there were missing obstacles in the obby's stages that added to the pre-existing difficulty. Furthermore, the majority of users cited high amounts of lag inside of the Obby's place (titled Minigame 01), which made certain stages, specifically the ones including moving platforms, unpredictable and tedious. This was likely due to the fact that the majority of its assets were meshes, and the maximum player limit on its servers was quite high.
The minigames aren't worth playing because they don't give enough coins. In addition, they do not give special prizes. This is a possible reason for the game's unpopularity as the only point of the event is to repeat treasure quest. This can be improved by allowing the game to give special prizes for the minigame which cannot be obtained by other means, or by giving minigame coins (which are used to buy items) that cannot be obtained by other means. We need people's opinions about this idea (comments section would be good)
The following can be considered errors having to do with the event's game:
- The Obby has missing platforms and may not be able to be completed as of 16th December.
- Numerous badge names are inconsistent with the awarded item's actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Classic Armor is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Armor Classic instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Silver Armor is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Armor Silver instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman Shorts is inconsistently named Wonder Short Shorts instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Tiara and Hair is inconsistently named Silver Tiara Hair instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Shield is inconsistently named Amazon Shield instead of its actual name.
- The badge for Wonder Woman's Cloak is inconsistently named Diana's Cloak instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Royal Tiara is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Tiara instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Bracelets of Victory is inconsistently named Wonder Woman Bracelets instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman's Hair is inconsistently named Wonder Woman's Hair instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Steve Trevor's Tracksuit is inconsistently named Trevor Shirt instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Steve Trevor's Track pants is inconsistently named Trevor Pants instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Barbara Minerva's Shirt is inconsistently named Barbarra Shirt instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Barbara Minerva's Pants is inconsistently named Barbarra Pants instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the 1984 Fanny Pack is inconsistently named Fanny Pack instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the 1984 Sunglasses is inconsistently named Sunglasses instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Purrfect Neclace is inconsistently named Cheetah Necklace instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Barbara Minerva's Jacket is inconsistently named Spike Collar Jacket Piece instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Savannah Cat Head - Wonder Woman is inconsistently named Cheetah Face instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Shoulder Stalker - Wonder Woman is inconsistently named Cheetah Pet instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Savannah Cat Tail is inconsistently named Cheetah Tail instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Savannah Cat Ear Headband - Wonder Woman is inconsistently named Cheetah Ears instead of its actual name.
- The badge for the Wonder Woman's Golden Armor is inconsistently named Golden Armor instead of its actual name.
- Numerous quests are listed as incorrect values of Gold Coins in character dialogues. The most likely explanation for this is that since the first quest the player gets from a character in-game is the "Waterfall Jump" quest is correctly valued at 50 Gold Coins both in the Quests tab and in character dialogue, they could have copy and pasted the same text over for most of the other character dialogues without realizing that it still said the reward was 50 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Euboea to receive the "Go Camping" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being only 20 Gold Coins.
- When talking to the Amazon Guard to receive the "Break This Wall" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being only 20 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Menalippe to receive the "Lost Amulet" quest, the reward is listed as 50 Gold Coins, despite the real reward being 100 Gold Coins.
- When talking to Artemis to receive the "Corrupted Rats" quest, under the rewards, Step 1 is listed twice (second listing is under Step 3).
- If a player is sprinting while pressing F at the item store to look at the items, the game keeps the player's running animation on the store's preview of their avatar.
- The in-game tools (sword and pickaxe) icons may have overlapping text if the player hovers over both at around the same time.
- During the "Break This Wall" quest, after picking up the block by pressing F, you can get teleported under the block essentially having to reset and walk all the way back.
- Pressing the keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, Y, U, I, O, P, and H will teleport you around the Obby minigame.
- Using a small character on the swings in the Obby minigame will give your character insane velocity, sometimes allowing you to skip over entire sections of the obby at a time.
- Using this trick, combined with the previous error, allowed some players to complete the Obby minigame in less than 20 seconds.
- The Cheetah Showdown mini-game is inconsistently named BunkerFight instead of its actual name.
- Unlike previous events, when a badge is awarded in-game, it does not say "...AND the [avatar shop item]".
- Completing all quests (not including repeating of the Corrupted Rats quest) gives the player exactly 650 Gold Coins.
- Purchasing all prizes which can be purchased with Gold Coins formerly required exactly 6,700 Gold Coins.
- Before, it required exactly 58,750 Gold Coins in order to purchase all the prizes.
- It now requires 95,700 Gold Coins in order to purchase all the prizes from the three shops.
- Before, it required exactly 58,750 Gold Coins in order to purchase all the prizes.
- Formerly, purchasing all prizes which could have been purchased with Robux required exactly 1,000 Robux.
- The Main Temple plays a video promoting the Wonder Woman 1984 film in-game using the same feature which was used to play the 7th Annual Bloxy Awards in-game.
- In-game, the player can use the Shift key on their keyboard (PC only) to sprint.
- A common misconception is that this is the first event to feature paid prizes, however this actually is not the case.
- This is the third DC Comics related event. The first being Teen Titans Go!, and the second being Aquaman.
- A user created an exploit to automatically repeat the Corrupted Rats quest within hours of the event releasing.
- This bundled with the fact that there is no limit to how many Gold Coins a user can have made this worse – exploiters can easily receive thousands and thousands of Gold Coins over time, even tens of thousands if they wanted, by simply using a script.
- An update on July 3, 2020, has made using this exploit script take much longer due to quests being switched around.
- The game for the event has PC, mobile, and console support.
- An Item called Amazon Tiara was shown in the notice when you bought an item, it currently doesn't exist.